The Vanguard Alta Pro 2+ 263CT Tripod is constructed from carbon fiber to maximize durability while limiting weight. It supports up to 15.4 lb, measures 19.9" when folded, and can be positioned to a maximum height of 47.5", or 59.0" with its push-and-pull, rapid center column fully raised. Its 4-section legs each feature an independent spread as well as twist locks for rapid deployment. When the center column and the legs are retracted, the tripod stands at 18.8". Polymer covers on two of the legs provide a secure, comfortable grip while moving the tripod, and rubber feet help to enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces.
Tripod heads, cameras, lenses, or sport optics that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to top of the tripod's center column. For added versatility, the center column is connected to the tripod by a fulcrum that enables 90° of upwards or downwards tilt that can be locked into place. Additionally, the center column assembly permits 360° of independent rotation. With the ability to push and pull the center column at all times, those tilt and swivel movements allow the center column to be used as an extendable cross arm or a miniature camera boom. This allows an attached camera to be easily raised toward an elevated subject or over a scene. A camera that is placed toward the end of center column can be positioned perpendicular to the tripod, while the legs can be further lowered for a minimum height of 6.1". The camera can then be extended past the tripod's legs, which is particularly useful for copy stand or macro photography. For subjects along the ground, the center column can also be used to obtain low angles while the tripod's user is positioned comfortably behind the camera.
A nylon carry bag with a draw-string closure and shoulder strap is included for storage or transport.
- Supports up to 15.4 lb
- Push-and-pull rapid center column for rapid camera, lens, or sport optic positioning
- Can be set to a maximum height of 47.5", or 59.0" with the center column fully raised
- Tripod stands at 18.8" when the center column and the legs are retracted
- For added versatility, the center column is connected to the tripod by a fulcrum that enables up to 90° of upwards or downwards tilt, which allows the legs to be further lowered for a minimum height of 6.1"
- Center column can be locked at 0°, 15°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75° or 90° angles
- Center column assembly permits 360° of independent rotation
- Tilt, swivel, as well as push-and-pull movements allow the center column to be used as an extendable cross arm or a miniature camera boom
- Hexagonal shaft design provides center column with increased torsional rigidity
- Legs each feature 4 sections, twist locks for rapid deployment, and can be independently spread
- Legs can be locked at 20°, 40°, 60, or 80° angles
- Polymer covers on two of the legs provide a secure and comfortable grip
- Rubber feet help to enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces
- Separately-available metal spikes can supplement included rubber feet for use on surfaces such as soft and uneven soil
- Built-in tripod bubble level, ballast loop, and 3/8"-16 female accessory thread for direct attachment of accessories that feature 3/8"-16 mounts
- Weighs 3.8 lb, measures 19.9" when folded
- Carbon-fiber legs
- 1/4"-20 mount