Angenieux's Optimo Style 16-40mm Wide-Angle Zoom Lens with ASU Servo Unit is a fast zoom lens with a PL mount for Super35-sized sensors. An ASU servo unit is included to provide focus, zoom, and iris control.
Supporting 4K resolution on Super 35mm sized sensors, the Angenieux 16 to 40mm Optimo Style Zoom Lens with PL Mount is patterned after the Angenieux Optimo DP series of zoom lenses and features a 2.5x zoom range of 16 to 40mm. The lens features internal focus design for a constant length as focus is changed and exhibits no signs of breathing during focus pulls.
The focus ring rotates through 320° of rotation, providing room for over 20 precise witness marks. The lens is lightweight for its zoom range at only 4.2 pounds and features a 114mm front outside diameter, which fits many optional production matte boxes. The lens comes standard with an ARRI PL mount, but optional lens mounts are available. The lens incorporates industry standard zoom and focus gears for interfacing with optional zoom motors, follow focus units, and Angenieux optional ASU servo unit.
- Fast aperture of T2.8 with no ramping as you change focal length
- 320° focus rotation with over 20 precise focus witness marks and no breathing
- Optical design optimized for large format single sensor cameras
- Calibrated focus marks in feet or meters
- Standard PL mount lens; Panavision, Canon EF, or Nikon F mounts optional
- Expanded capabilities with optional Optimo 2x and 1.4x range extenders
The Angenieux Servo Unit - ASU provides ENG-style focus, iris, and zoom servo-control for your Angenieux lightweight zoom lens. The ASU bolts directly onto the lens, and has a minimum of cables for a fast setup time.
The ASU is compatible with select wired and wireless lens control systems, and generates Cooke /i metadata. Use the ASU with an optional PL lens mount /i Cooke interface to record the metadata to your camera. Depending on your remote control configuration, the ASU's focus, iris, and zoom motors can be turned off independently to avoid unintended adjustments.
- Can be used to control focus, iris, and zoom
- Handgrip-style servo control motor attaches directly to Angenieux zooms
- Offers wired/wireless remote FIZ control with select devices
- Generates lens metadata in Cooke /i format
- Integrates with motion control systems, monitors, etc. via /i output port
- Use with optional lens mount to record metadata to camera
- Independently shut off focus, iris, and zoom motors depending on your remote setup
Optimo Style 16-40, 30-76
Optimo Anamorphic 56-152 2S, 30-72 2S
Optimo DP 16-42, 30-80