Comprising the essential components needed to begin shooting, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 12-60mm Lens and Accessory Kit from B&H bundles the versatile camera body and standard zoom G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. lens with a memory card, a spare rechargeable lithium-ion battery, and a camera bag to carry and protect your equipment.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 12-60mm Lens
Designed for video and stills shooters alike, the Lumix DMC-G85 from Panasonic is a versatile Micro Four Thirds camera characterized by its quick performance, flexible photo capabilities, and UHD 4K video recording. Using a 16MP MOS sensor, this mirrorless camera has a sensitivity range from ISO 200-25600 to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions, and also affords quick shooting speeds up to 10 fps with single-shot autofocus, or 6 fps with continuous autofocus, as well as up to 40 fps when using an electronic shutter function and 30 fps at 8MP with 4K PHOTO Modes. Benefitting working in difficult lighting conditions, 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization can be used to dramatically reduce the appearance of camera shake, and this IS system pairs with select lens' image stabilization systems for Dual I.S.
Complementing the imaging attributes, the camera also incorporates both a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder as well as a 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which has a free-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles. Built-in Wi-Fi is also integrated into the design, which facilitates wireless image transferring and remote camera control from linked smartphones or tablets. Additionally, the body construction is weather-sealed to guard against dust and moisture for working in inclement weather conditions.
Included with the camera body is the Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S., which is a standard zoom lens that provides a 24-120mm equivalent focal length range. Its optical design incorporates three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element to reduce both chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range. POWER O.I.S. is also featured to minimize the appearance of camera shake, and works in conjunction with the camera's sensor-shift IS for more effective shake correction.
16MP Live MOS Sensor
UHD 4K Video Recording
4K PHOTO Modes
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps for up to 29 min. 59 sec, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
Dual Image Stabilization
Depth-From-Defocus AF Technology
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as Touch MF Assist for touch-to-focus operation.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- An integrated 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder offers a bright, clear eye-level means for composing images, and features a 0.74x effective magnification.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3.0" 1.04m-dot rear LCD monitor has a free-angle design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- The camera body features a durable weather-sealed construction that renders it both dust- and splash-proof for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Ten programmable function buttons can be used to control a wide variety of settings and tools.
- The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated to provide approximately 330 shots per charge when working with the rear LCD, 320 shots with the EVF, or 800 shots with the Power Saver LVF mode.
- A built-in pop-up flash is available to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked smartphones and tablets.
Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens
Other Camera Features
- A variety of bracketing modes can be used for shutter speed, aperture, and white balance settings. Focus bracketing is also possible, for up to 999 images with focus steps set in 5 levels, for focus stacking applications.
- Creative Control modes allow you to apply a unique look to imagery in-camera, and include Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- Photo Styles can be used to impart a distinct quality into either stills or videos, and include Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, L. Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D, Cinelike V.
- A Silent Mode can be used to mute camera noises for more discreet shooting in sound-sensitive environments.
Ruggard Hunter 35 DSLR Holster Bag
The Hunter 35 DSLR Holster Bag from Ruggard is slightly larger than the Hunter 25 and holds a DSLR (up to semi-pro size) with lens attached, face down, in shooting position. When you're ready to shoot, simply remove your camera, get the shot and replace your camera in the bag. The zippered top of the bag opens away from your body for fast access to your gear. This also serves as a security feature since no one but you will be able to see inside the bag.
The bag has a water-repellent exterior and smooth polyester lining that helps prevent scratches to the finish of your camera/lens combo. Inside, there are two removable touch fastened strips that can be configured to support your gear.
For storage, there is a front zippered organizer panel, mesh side pocket and two side loops that accept optional pouches. On the inside of the quick-release flap, there are two touch fastened memory card pockets. The bag is carried by its removable shoulder strap, top carry handle or belt loop that will leave you hands free. The zippers have yellow pull tabs that make the bag easy to use while you're wearing gloves.
Carry-on Form Factor
Watson DMW-BLC12 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1100mAh)
The Watson DMW-BLC12 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack works with the same cameras as the Panasonic DMW-BLC12, Leica BP-DC12, and Sigma BP-51 batteries. This replacement battery pack features a capacity of 1100mAh, 7.2V of output power, and 7.92 watt-hours. Small and lightweight, lithium-ion batteries can be charged or discharged at any time without developing memory effect.
- Q (Typ 116)
- V-Lux 4
- V-Lux (Typ 114)
- dp0 Quattro
- dp1 Quattro
- dp2 Quattro
SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card
Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as raw and burst photography, the 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 64GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 170 MB/s and write speeds max out at 90 MB/s. A built-in write-protect switch helps to safeguard against the accidental erasure of card data.
While this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-I / V30 / U3 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-I / V30 / U3. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-I and U1, which supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s, or Class 10, which also supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
As with most SanDisk cards, this memory card is shockproof, X-ray proof, waterproof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing you to take this card with you into extreme environments, such as snow, deserts, and pools. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download RescuePRO Deluxe software as well as a limited lifetime warranty.