The matchbox-sized NanoLockit from Ambient Recording is a highly accurate and easy-to-use timecode generator which allows you to wirelessly sync timecode and framerate between devices such as DSLRs, film cameras or audio recorders. Synced devices enable you to generate clips that can be quickly auto-conformed in professional editing software, streamlining your post-production workflow.
The NanoLockit lets you generate timecode at all framerates using the built-in Real Time Clock (RTC), or jam-sync other units by feeding in external timecode via the 5-pin LEMO connector. Syncing up is a one button experience as the unit self-configures and the framerate is set automatically when jammed.
Timecode and metadata are transmitted via the proprietary 2.4 GHz, ACN long-range radio network, making the unit compatible with all other ACN Lockit devices. Power is provided externally via the micro-USB port or by the rechargeable battery, which provides 35+ hours of operation on a full charge. With its sturdy aluminum body and locking LEMO connector, the NanoLockit is well equipped to withstand the prolonged rigors of on-set use.
- Highly accurate wireless timecode generator with matchbox-size form-factor
- Generate timecode using built-in Real Time Clock, or feed in external timecode via the LEMO port to jam-sync other units
- Self-configuring SMPTE and MIDI timecode in/out
- Auto framerate configuration on jam
- Supports all timecode framerates
- On-board wireless ACN system — long-range radio network transmits timecode/metadata and enables syncing of all units on set with one click
- Compatible with all other ACN Lockit devices
- Professional, locking LEMO connector with TC in/out and ACN metadata support
- Timecode output level adjustable for timecode on audio track with non-timecode equipment such as DSLRs
- Set RTC and frame rate with free LockitToolbox software (Mac/Windows)
- Less than 1 frame drift per day in autonomous mode, zero drift with active C-Jam master in ACN
- Metadata transceiver for RED Digital Cinema cameras
- TRX mode for sending pre-recorded timecode to slates and remotely start/stop recorders via external timecode
- Easy-to-read bicolor status LED
- Micro-USB connector for external power supply, simultaneous internal battery charging, MIDI timecode, communication, and firmware updates
- Auto power on external supply feature enables set-and-forget operation on hard-to-access configurations such as steadycams, gimbals, and drones
- Rechargeable battery: 35 hours+ operation on full charge
- 2 hours charging time for full charge, 15 minutes charging time for 4 hours of operation
- Solid aluminum body and self-locking LEMO interface to withstand the rigors of on-set use
- LEMO to 3.5mm audio jack cable included for use with DSLRs and consumer cameras