The Panasonic AG-UMR20 Memory Card Portable Recorder provides an ultra-flexible solution for dual SD card recording of camera signals and advanced IP control and streaming.
It records up to 1080p59.94 signals over a 3G-SDI input, and can also record a UHD 4K/29.97 signal from the optional AG-UCK20GJ Compact Camera Head that was designed as a companion product. The optional camera connects into a dedicated 20-pin interface on the recorder via an optional cable.
Featuring a small handheld design, battery and AC-powered operation, and consecutive and hot-swappable dual card slots, the Memory Card Portable Recorder allows for convenient backup recording in the field or in studio across broadcast, healthcare, remote imaging, and other applications. It's capable of recording up to 22 hours in AVCHD PS mode, and 112 hours in HE mode. It can also be arm or rack-mounted via 3mm threaded holes offered in two locations (on the left and right). Batteries are sold separately; please see the available options below.
The recorder also features SDI and HDMI outputs, and is capable of outputting to display monitors simultaneously over both. While the SDI output supports up to 1080p59.94 signals, the HDMI output allows an up to UHD 4K/29.97 output to support the optional camera head signal. (The SDI output will pass the camera head signal in 1080p.)
In addition to these inputs/outputs, the recorder also features a switchable mic/line input for independent audio recording, USB 2.0 interface for recording to mass storage, LAN port for connecting IP controllers, PCs, tablets, streaming decoders, and FTP servers, and 2.5mm and 3.5mm mini jacks for connecting zoom, start/stop, focus, and iris remote controllers. IP streaming over LAN can be performed at the same time with the SDI and HDMI outputs; ultimately, you can output three signals simultaneously. There's also a headphone stereo mini jack and a built-in speaker for monitoring audio.
Another key feature of the recorder is a 3.5" touch-panel LCD which offers assignable functions, thumbnail images for quick viewing, waveform and vectorscope display, and vertically and horizontally reversible image display. Additional features of the recorder include photo extraction from 4K video, time stamp, and continuous repeat playback of a single or multiple clips (ideal for use in presentations). Other than the LCD controls, the AG-UMR20 also has large onboard function buttons which can temporarily be disabled for precaution.
- 3.5", 16:9, 1.15 megadot panel
- Touch-operable menu settings and user buttons
- 13 user buttons, all assignable
- Four Scene File buttons for easy switching of the scene setting
- Vertically and horizontally reversible image display (the optional AG-UCK20GJ Compact Camera Head can be reversed vertically to match)
- When the display image is reversed, the recorded image will remain in its original orientation
- Waveform and vectorscope display
- LCD DTL: The contours of the display image are emphasized to aid in focusing (even when the contours are emphasized, the recorded image will not be affected)
LAN Terminal for IP Streaming and IP Control
- IP Control: Remote control from a PC, tablet, or IP controller enables record start/stop, clip delete, and control of the optional AG-UCK20GJ Compact Camera Head (zoom, focus, iris, and menu settings)
- IP Streaming: Video and audio IP streaming supported; signals can be received and monitored by PCs, tablets, and IP decoders
- File Transfer: Recorded clips can be downloaded by a network PCF
- Panasonic remote camera system IP controller supported for integrated system operation
- Open IP commands allow for original systems design
Two Remote Terminals
- Terminal for record start/stop and zoom operations
- Terminal for focus and iris control
Versatile Recording and Playback Functions
- Produce Photos from Video: Single-frame image files can be converted from recorded video images and used for high-quality photos
- Last Clip Delete: The clip that was recorded immediately before can be deleted with a single touch (this function can also be allocated to a user button)
- Time Stamp: Date and time information can be superimposed onto images (ideal for extended research activities and nature observations)
- TC/UB Recording: An SMPTE timecode generator is built-in
- Color bar signal output with 1 kHz audio test tone (when set to 50 Hz, a 997 Hz test tone is output)
- Repeat Playback: Continuous, automatic repeat playback is possible for one clip or multiple clips from the thumbnail display
- Resume Playback: When the Stop key is pressed during playback, the stop position is stored in memory; simply press the Play key to start playing again from the stop position (turning off the power resets the memory)
- Clip Operation: Fast-forward, rewind, clip forward, clip reverse, and frame-by-frame playback operation are supported
Supported Batteries (Not Included)
- Panasonic AG-VBR118G (11800mAh, approx. 280 minutes)
- Panasonic AG-VBR89G (8850mAh, approx. 240 minutes)
- Panasonic AG-VBR59 (5900mAh, approx. 200 minutes)