The Tone Garage V8 from Vox is an analog distortion pedal designed to provide real tube distortion and straightforward controls for guitarists. It features all-analog circuitry and an ECC83/12AX7 tube, making it ideal for driving a solid-state amplifier or digital effects system.
The V8 is a high-voltage pedal designed to function like a tube amplifier. Its Hi-Volt technology delivers 200V to the 12AX7 tube, while the discrete circuitry operates at 20V. Adjust the Gain to dial in the desired amount of tube distortion, then use the equalization controls to enhance the tone. Bass and Tone knobs control low and high frequencies. The Mid Shift toggle switch changes the midrange EQ before the tube stage. Leave the switch off for a crunchy tone with bite. Turn the switch on for a smooth lead sound. Compensate for level changes via the Volume control.
The V8 features a durable die-cast metal housing and sturdy true bypass switch. The LED indicates pedal on/off status. The pedal can be powered by six AA batteries or one 9 VDC power supply. Six AA alkaline batteries are included.
- Discrete, all-analog circuitry operates at high voltage
- ECC83 / 12AX7 tube
- 1/4" input and output
- Gain and volume controls for distortion and output level
- Equalization via Bass, Mid Shift, and Tone controls
- True bypass with LED indicator
- Die-cast metal body
- Powered by six AA batteries or 9 VDC power supply
- Includes six AA alkaline batteries
- Battery life up to seven hours (approximately)