The LX-2 from Radial Engineering is a passive line splitter and attenuator designed to lower hot signal levels and split one line-level input source to two line-level output paths, allowing flexible routing or parallel processing. Featuring low noise, high dynamic range, and flat frequency response, the LX-2 will not compromise signal quality.
For live sound, the LX-2 can split a mixer output to a PA and multitrack recorder. In the studio, use it to split the output of a microphone preamp. Then, record one signal with compression and one without. Manage extreme levels with the Trim pot, offering up to 10 dB of attenuation. A recessed on/off button for the Trim control prevents accidental switching.
It is equally well-suited for live and in-the-studio productions, with its 14-gauge steel enclosure and no-slip pad. For installation in 500 Series racks, J-Rak 4 and J-Rak 8 rackmount adapters are available separately. The LX-2 requires no power supply, due to its passive circuitry.
Balanced or unbalanced signals can be used. Input connectivity is available using a combo jack, compatible with XLR or 1/4” input sources. XLR connectors are used for both outputs, the direct “Thru” jack and the transformer-isolated output. Each output features a ground-lift switch, to minimize hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Split one line-level XLR or 1/4” input to two XLR outputs
- Ideal for complex signal routing and parallel processing
- Transformer-based, passive circuitry requires no power supply
- Low noise and low distortion
- High dynamic range and flat frequency response
- Trim control with recessed on/off switch offers up to 10 dB of attenuation
- Minimize hum and buzz from ground loops via ground-lift switches for each output
- Sturdy and durable 14-gauge steel enclosure with no-slip pad
- Compatible with 500 Series racks using J-Rak adapters (available separately)