Optimized for glassing in woodlands or in the low light of dawn or dusk, the 10x50 Imagic BGA VHD Binoculars from Opticron deliver sharp, clear imagery thanks to their light transmission and color rendition capabilities. These binoculars combine a multi-coated VHD optical system with phase-corrected PGK prisms.
The 10x magnification is ideal for resolving detail in heavy brush or at long distances where accurate identification is critical, and the 50mm objectives are suited to low-light use. The 58° apparent angle of view makes it easy to find and track subjects and to see a wide slice of a scenic vista, while the 23mm eye relief makes that whole field of view available even if you're wearing glasses.
The Imagic BGA VHD is built for the rigors of the field with a rubber armoring around their waterproof chassis. Their ocular tubes are nitrogen-filled to prevent internal fogging and submersible down to 10'. Each eyepiece features a three-stage retractable eyecup for adjusting to each user's comfort level, with or without eyewear. A Cordura case, a neoprene neck strap, a rainguard for the ocular lenses, and objective lens caps are included.
- 10x magnification
- 50mm diameter objectives
- Roof prism optical design
- PGK prisms with phase-corrective coating reduces interference to bring the light paths into phase
- Oasis prism coating applied to the reflective surface of each roof prism maximizes light transmission
- VHD multi-coated optics reduces light loss at the objective lenses and maximizes color contrast
- 5.8° angle of view, 58° apparent viewing angle
- 11.5' close focus distance
Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration
- Three-stage twist up rubber eyecups
- Long 23mm eye relief
- 5mm exit pupil
- Nitrogen-filled for water and fogproof performance
- Soft-touch rubber armoring protects while providing a slip-resistant grip
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Tethered objective lens covers
- Weight: 28 oz