Capture brilliant photos and HD video above, on, and below the surface with your Sony Alpha a7 II, a7R II, or a7S II mirrorless camera in the orange/clear Nimar Base Water Sports Housing. Although it features the same 197' depth rating as the brand's original dive enclosures, this is an entry-level model designed especially for active shooting in shallower depths and when capturing activities such as surfing and water-skiing.
The housing is equipped with a 2-button pistol grip trigger that allows for aiming, maneuvering, and image capture with a single hand, all without shaking the camera--thus ensuring clear, blur-free shots. This grip enables shutter operation and auto focus via mechanical buttons. All remaining camera functions must be preset or automatic, as there are no controls for them on the Base.
Built for durability, the Water Sports Housing is constructed from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is red on the top, front, and sides, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and the camera. It ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable ports for various lenses. Additionally, an optional sync connector can be installed to allow for the attachment of an external strobe for increased brightness and color correction.
- Depth rating: 197'
- Made from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is orange on top, front, and sides, but clear in back to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and camera
- Features 4 stainless steel AISI 316 hooks with safety clips for secure closure
Controls and Handling
- 2-button pistol grip trigger for aiming, maneuvering, and shooting with a single hand, all without shaking camera
- Enables shutter release and auto focus control via mechanical push-buttons
- All remaining camera functions must be automatic or preset prior to camera installation, as there are no controls for them on housing
Lens Port System
- Ships without required lens port and accepts series of interchangeable ports for various Sony lenses:
- Flat Acrylic Port for FE 28mm f/2, Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA, and Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA
- Flat Acrylic Port for E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for E 10-18mm f/4 OSS
- Flat Acrylic Port for E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS
- Flat Acrylic Port for Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS
- Flat Acrylic Port for FE 28-70mm f/3.5-6 OSS
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Optional 5-pin, chromed brass connector can be installed to allow for attachment of an external strobe via sync cord