Sharp, eye-catching photos and HD video above, on, and below the surface are yours with Nimar's red/clear Water Sports Housing for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II DSLR camera. This enclosure is equipped with a 2-button pistol grip trigger that allows for aiming, maneuvering, and image capture with a single hand, all without shaking the camera--thus ensuring clear, blur-free shots.
The housing features a depth rating of 197', which is the same as that of Nimar's original line of dive housings; however, this model is designed especially for active shooting in shallower depths and when capturing activities such as surfing and water-skiing. Stripped down to just the essentials, it is half the weight of the original dive housings to afford easier maneuvering.
Mechanical push-buttons, dials/knobs, and a lever enable access to a pared-down set of camera functions that includes only what you need, thus simplifying the setup and shooting process.
Built for durability, the Water Sports Housing is constructed from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate that's red on the top, front, and sides, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and the camera. It ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable ports for a broad array of lenses. Additionally, an optional sync connector can be installed to allow for the attachment of an external strobe to increase brightness and correct the color in your images.
- Depth rating: 196'
- Made from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate that's red on top, front, and sides, but clear in back to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and camera
- Camera plate bolts to bottom of camera and slides into mount inside housing for secure installation
- Features 4 stainless steel AISI 316 hooks with safety clips for secure closure
Controls and Handling
- Mechanical controls, including push-buttons, dials/knobs, and a lever, enable access to following camera functions: shutter, start/stop video recording, AF-On, set, playback, magnify, joystick, rear control dial, and Q button
- Pared-down control set gives you what you need while simplifying setup and shooting process, which can be a benefit when capturing water sports
- Included 2-button pistol grip offers remote firing capability and focus control, allowing you to capture blur-free images with ease
- Pistol grip designed for one-handed shooting, and features both a highly sensitive shutter release control and extendable cable release
- Optional pole extension gives you extra reach when shooting at certain angles
- Stripped down to essentials, housing is half the weight of original dive enclosures to afford easier maneuvering
Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable ports for various Canon lenses:
- Flat Acrylic Port for EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM, 24mm f/1.4 L USM, 28mm f/2.8 IS USM, 35mm f/2 IS USM, and 50mm f/1.4 USM
- 6" Polycarbonate Dome for EF 15 mm f/2.8 Fisheye
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for 8-15mm f/4 L USM Fisheye
- Flat Acrylic Port for EF-S 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, and 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Flat Acrylic Port for EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM
- Flat Acrylic Port for EF 24-70mm F/2.8 L II USM
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM
- Flat Acrylic Port for EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
- Flat Acrylic Port for EF 16-35 mm f/2.8 L USM, 16-35 mm f/2.8 L II USM, and 16-35 mm f/4L IS USM
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for EF 16-35 mm f/2.8 L USM, 16-35 mm f/2.8 L II USM, and 16-35 mm f/4L IS USM
- Flat Acrylic Port for EF 17-40mm f/4 L USM
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
- Flat Acrylic Port for EF-S 17-85 mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
- Flat Acrylic Port for EF 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- Flat Glass Port for EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II USM, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 18-55mm DC III, 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM, and 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
- Flat Acrylic Port for EF 70-200mm f/4L USM and 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Optional 5-pin, chromed brass connector can be installed to allow for attachment of an external strobe via sync cord