Capture brilliant photos and HD video above, on, and below the surface with your Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5 or GH5S Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Camera in Nimar's dedicated Water Sports Housing. It's equipped with a 2-button pistol grip trigger that allows for aiming, maneuvering, and shooting with a single hand, all while keeping the camera steady to ensure clear, blur-free shots. Removable side grip handles are also included for times when a two-hand grip is best.
The housing features a depth rating of 197', which is the same as that of Nimar's original line of dive housings. However, this model is designed especially for active shooting in shallower depths and when capturing activities like surfing and water-skiing. Stripped down to the essentials, it is half the weight of the original dive housings, so it enables easier maneuvering. Mechanical push-buttons, dials, and a lever afford access to a pared-down set of camera functions, thus simplifying the setup and shooting process.
Built for durability, the Water Sports Housing is constructed from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate that's green on the top, front, and sides, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and the camera. It ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable ports for several different lenses. For full compatibility details, please see the list below. Additionally, an optional bulkhead can be installed to allow for the connection of external strobes via sync cords.
- Depth rating: 197'
- Made from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is green on the top, front, and sides, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and camera
- Camera plate bolts to the bottom of the camera and slides into the mount inside the housing for secure installation
- Four stainless-steel AISI 316 latches with safety clips ensure that the housing remains tightly closed while it's submerged
Controls and Handling
- Mechanical controls, including push-buttons, dials, and a lever
- Afford access to the following camera functions: shutter release, video recording, command dial, Fn2, multi-selector/control wheel, and menu/set
- Pared-down set of functions includes only what you need, thus simplifying the setup and shooting process
- Included 2-button pistol grip offers remote firing capability and focus control, allowing you to capture blur-free images with ease
- Removable side grip handles with Inox screws
- Pistol grip is designed for one-handed shooting, and features both a highly sensitive shutter release control and an extendable cable release
- Optional pole shutter extension gives you extra reach when shooting at certain angles
- Stripped down to the essentials, the housing is half the weight of Nimar's original dive housings, so it enables easier maneuvering
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for Panasonic Lumix GX 12-35mm f/2.8 and f/2.8 II OIS
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm f/4 ASPH.
- Flat Port for Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH.
- Flat Port for Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/2.8-4 ASPH
- Flat Port for Panasonic Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 ASPH, Lumix G Macro 30mm f/2.8 ASPH OIS, Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 ASPH, and Leica DG MACRO-ELMARIT 45mm f/2.8 ASPH, as well as Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm f/1.8 and Digital ED 30mm f/3.5 Macro
- 5" Optical Glass Dome for Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L, f/2.8 L II, and f/4L USM with Metabones T Speed Booster XL 0.64x adapter
Also accepts the Extension Ring for Metabones T Speed Booster XL 0.64x
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Optional 5-pin, chrome-plated brass bulkhead can be installed to allow for the connection of external strobes, which will increase brightness and enhance color correction
- Strobes require sync cords