Designed to expand the functionality of the PT-PRODUCER-12x Kit, the Accessory Kit from PTZOptics includes a 12x-SDI Gen2 live streaming camera, a Magewell USB SDI Gen2 capture dongle, a 100' HD-SDI male to male plenum-rated video broadcast cable, and a 100' 8-pin male to male cascade cable.
PTZOptics 12x-SDI Gen2 Live Streaming Camera (Gray)
This is the 12x-SDI Gen2 model of the PTZOptics lineup of advanced live streaming cameras, in gray, featuring a 3G-SDI output for connecting to switching equipment for broadcast conferencing. The Gen2 model is capable of 1080p60/50 recording (instead of a max of 30 fps), and streaming in H.265 and MJPEG in addition to H.264.
This camera has a 3.5 - 42.3mm lens providing a 12x zoom range, allowing for effective close-focus and wide-angle shots to best suit both face-to-face and group meetings. It does well in low-light conditions owing to a fast f/1.8 - f/2.8 lens aperture and minimum illumination requirement of only 0.5 lux at f/1.8. On top of this, built-in wide dynamic range and 2D and 3D noise cancellation further enhance the conferencing experience. The camera, along with its entire family of 20x and 12x models, is completely open source so developers can customize everything as they prefer using simple HTML commands.
In addition to the 3D-SDI output, the camera also has LAN, HDMI, and composite outputs, RS-232 input and output with daisy-chain capability, and an RS-485 port. The SDI, LAN, and HDMI outputs can be used simultaneously at the same resolution, which can be assigned via a dial on the rear. The composite output can only be used by itself and at 480i/576i resolution. The LAN output is capable of streaming two H.264 or two H.265 RTSP signals, one in HD and one in SD, or a single MJPEG signal, and allows for direct distribution to CDNs, streaming services, and other destinations using only the camera. There's also a 3.5mm audio input for embedding audio into an HDMI signal or LAN stream so you can deliver both audio and video to your destination. The LAN port can be used for streaming and control and also supports Power-over-Ethernet. As an alternative to direct streaming from the LAN port you can also connect external devices for more advanced conferencing. You'll also find a USB 2.0 port among all the connections, but this is strictly for firmware updates.
The camera can be controlled via the LAN port over a network, ONVIF over a network, and RS-232 via VISCA commands. RS-232 control includes control from any NewTek TriCaster, including any of the TriCaster Mini models. Simply connect multiple cameras to the TriCaster using DB9 cables and operate all of them from its software. A TriCaster can also be used over IP control using third-party software.
A large variety of software is supported, including most online meeting software, mobile apps for control over your network, and the advanced PTZOptics Network Control and VISCA Control applications.
An included IR remote control lets you adjust many settings via an on-screen display, allowing you to set and call presets, and control up to four cameras. You can set up to 64 presets in the camera (and up to 255 via RS-232), with a preset accuracy of 0.1°, and you can call up to 10 presets using the remote. The camera can be used desktop-mounted or ceiling-mounted, using an optional PTZOptics ceiling-mount bracket.
- 3G-SDI output for connecting to professional switching equipment for broadcast conferencing
- 1080p HD video at up to 60/50 fps
- LAN, HDMI, and composite outputs, RS-232 input/output, RS-485 port
- 3.5mm audio input for embedding audio into an HDMI signal or IP stream
- H.264 and H.265 HD/SD dual-stream, or MJPEG single stream via LAN port
- SDI, LAN, and HDMI ports are simultaneously live
- Open source customizable via HTML commands
- 3.5 - 42.3mm lens with 12x zoom range
- 1/2.7" 2.1MP CMOS sensor
- f/1.8 - f/2.8 lens aperture
- 0.5 lux minimum illumination at f/1.8
- Wide dynamic range
- 2D and 3D noise cancellation
- Control via LAN over a network, ONVIF over a network, and RS-232 via VISCA commands
- Control multiple cameras from any NewTek TriCaster, directly from the TriCaster software
- Set up to 64 presets (or up to 255 via RS-232), with a preset accuracy of 0.1°
- Use desktop-mounted or ceiling-mounted using an optional bracket
Magewell USB Capture SDI Gen 2
The Magewell USB Capture SDI Gen 2 is a slim and compact dongle that lets you easily import an SDI signal into your computer for recording or streaming. It provides a handy and efficient way of connecting cameras, decks, switchers, and other broadcast and surveillance equipment to your computer. Furthermore, it doesn't require any additional drivers to be installed, and thereby is compatible with various software and web-applications (see below) on Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS, and works by simple plug-and-play connection.
This Gen 2 version supports input/output resolutions up to 2048 x 1080 (2K) at 60 Hz. Using an included mini-coax to SDI adapter cable, connect any 3G/HD/SD-SDI source to the dongle, and output it to your computer with embedded audio over a USB 3.0 cable, which is also supplied. The USB port and USB cable are also backwards-compatible with USB 2.0.
If you want to stream or record at a lower resolution than what's being captured, you can pull up the "Filters Properties Dialog Window" in the software you use and adjust parameters to downscale (or upscale)/deinterlace the image, as well as adjust brightness and other image properties. The device is also designed to work continuously 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Capture and record/stream SDI signals up to 2048 x 1080 (2K) at 60 Hz
- Compatible with software/web-applications on Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS
- Plug-and-play connection
- UVC protocol compatible
- Up/down scaling
- Image adjustment control
- Various output color spaces
- Capable of continuous 24/7 operation
- Multiple units can be connected to one host
- Microsoft Media Encoder
- Adobe Flash Media Encoder
- Any other DirectShow, V4L2, QuickTime, or AV Foundation based encoding or streaming software
SDI Supported Features
- Cable lengths up to 460 ft for 3G-SDI signals via integrated cable equalizer
- SD/HD/3Ga/3Gb/3Ga-DL/3Gb-DS standards
- 2K (2048 x 1080) signals
- RGB 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:4:4, and YCbCr 4:2:2 color sampling
- 10-/12-bit color depth
- Extraction of SMPTE 352 payload identifier
- Up to 2 (mono) audio channels at 48 KHz
- Extraction of audio formation information and channel status data
- 3Gb-DS: only the first stream can be captured
Capture of First Link of Dual Link Interfaces
- YCbCr, 4:2:2, 10-bit 1080p 50/59.94/60: captured as 1080i 50/59.94/60
- YCbCr 4:4:4 10-bit: captured as 4:2:2
- RGB 4:4:4: R/B sub-sampled
Video Capture Format Support
- Capture resolutions up to 2048 x 1080
- Capture frame rates up to 120 fps (Actual capture frame rate can be limited by the USB bandwidth and internal working frequency. Typical capture frame rates on the Intel USB 3.0 controller are: 1) 1920 x 1080 YUY2 at up to 70 fps, 2) 1920 x 1080 RGB24 at up to 60 fps
- YUY2 & UYVY 4:2:2 8-bit
- RGB24 & RGB32 4:4:4 8-bit
- The default capture format is YUY2; more capture formats can be set using a USB Capture Utility
Video Processing Features
- Video processing pipelines with 160 megapixels processing bandwidth
- Video cropping
- Video scaling
- Video deinterlacing
- Video aspect ratio conversion
- Video color format conversion
- Video frame rate conversion
- Vertical flip and mirror
- Blend top and bottom field
- Top field only
- Bottom field only
Video Aspect Ratio Conversion
- Auto or manual selection of input aspect ratio
- Auto or manual selection of capture aspect ratio
- Three aspect ratio conversion modes: Ignore (Anamorphic), Cropping, or Padding (Letterbox or Pillarbox)
Video Color Format Conversion
- Auto or manual selection of input color format and quantization range
- Auto or manual selection of capture color format, quantization range and saturation range
- Support for RGB, YCbCr 601, and YCbCr 709 color formats
- Support for limited or full quantization range
- Support for limited, full, and extended gamut saturation range
PTZOptics 8-Pin Male to Male Cascade Cable (100')
CASCADE cables are designed to daisy chain cameras to each other, for the ability to control multiple cameras.
PTZOptics HD-SDI Male to Male Plenum-Rated Video Broadcast Cable (100')
HD-SDI cables are made for broadcasting a video signal from your camera to a video input such as a broadcast switcher or frame grabber. The HD-SDI male to male cables are made with Belden 1695A premium cabling.