Normally sold separately, Opticron includes their HDF T zoom eyepiece with their straight-viewing spotter in the MM4 60 GA ED 15-45x60 Travelscope to give you a complete compact observation platform. All you need is a reliable support system of your choice such as a window mount or photo, video, or field tripod.
Opticron MM4 60 GA ED 60mm Travelscope (Straight Viewing, Eyepiece Required)
Designed on the principals of "Smaller, Lighter, Brighter, Sharper," the Opticron MM4 60 GA ED 60mm Travelscope is built with a large objective, extra-low dispersion (ED) glass, and fully multi-coated optics and measures just 10" long. The glass and coatings ensure accurate color rendition with improved clarity and contrast, while the large 60mm objective lens draws in copious amounts of light to boost its performance in challenging conditions such as dawn and dusk or when trying to see into wooded areas under dense canopies. The short form factor enables users to hand hold it for convenient glassing on the go without a support system.
This iteration of the MM4 60 GA ED is offered here without an eyepiece for those users who already own Opticron eyepieces and are looking to upgrade their scope and is compatible with HR, HDF, and SDL eyepieces. The two-speed focusing system features an 8:1 reducer gear to allow for fast coarse and precision fine focusing, and the straight-through viewing configuration makes finding and tracking subjects faster and easier versus angled designs. For optimum eyepiece orientation, the tripod collar rotates up to 90° in both directions, and a 1/4"-20 mount makes it compatible with many tripods, quick release plates, and other popular support systems like window mounts.
- Eyepiece required and available separately: Compatible with HR, HDF, and SDL eyepieces
- Large 60mm objective lens
- Extra-low dispersion glass limits chromatic aberrations to produce clearer and sharper views with little or no color fringing
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission, color rendition, clarity, and contrast
Use and Handling
- Straight-through viewing puts eyepiece in-line with optical tube to make finding and tracking subjects fast and easy
- Dual focus system with an 8:1 reduction allows for fast coarse and precision fine focusing
- ±90° rotating tripod collar enables precise eyepiece placement for optimum comfort and accessibility
- 1/4"-20 tripod mount easily fits on most quick release plates or photo/video/field tripods
- O-ring sealed to be waterproof and nitrogen filled to be resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature and environmental changes
- Rubber armor protects housing from impacts while providing a slip-resistant grip
- Tethered objective lens cover
- Designed and made in Japan
- Compact form factor: 10" long, 25-ounce weight
Opticron 40862M HDF T Zoom Eyepiece for MM-Series Spotting Scopes
Opticron's 40862M HDF T Zoom Eyepiece produces a wide zoom range when used in their MM-series travelscopes to give users a field of view that approaches wide angle at low power with the ability to make detailed observations of distant subjects when at full zoom. In the 50mm-aperture MM3 and 4 models it produces a 12-36x magnification, and 15-45x in the 60mm version. To limit eye strain during long-duration observation sessions, it maintains a long and comfortable eye relief through the zoom range, starting at 22mm at low magnification and moving to 17mm at high power. It features anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics to complement those used on the spotting scopes, and a twist-up rubber eyecup allows for comfortable use with or without eyewear.