The Shure GLXD124R/85 is a GLX-D Advanced Series digital wireless combo microphone system that features a rugged metal receiver housed in a half-rack chassis with two removable antennas. It includes both a hands-free lavalier mic and a handheld mic option and is well suited for rackmounting in portable flight cases or for permanent installations in educational facilities, conference rooms, small to mid-sized venues, houses of worship, and broadcast studios.
GLX-D Advanced systems allow you to run up to 8 mics simultaneously in the same space. When used with the optional UA846Z2 frequency manager (available separately), up to 11 mics can operate simultaneously with improved RF reliability compared to standard GLX-D systems—ideal for installations with multiple wireless systems.
The GLXD124R/85 combo is configured with a GLXD1 bodypack transmitter and a WL185 cardioid lavalier microphone. It also includes a GLXD2 handheld transmitter equipped with the legendary SM58 cardioid dynamic capsule, an industry standard for vocalists and presenters. Both mics deliver natural vocal reproduction for presenters, performers, clergy, and lecturers.
The GLXD124R/85 combines digital audio clarity with reliable wireless, automatic frequency management, and intelligent battery rechargeability in a system that's convenient to rackmount, simple to operate, and ready to go at the push of a button.
The transmitters provide up to 16 hours of operation on an SB902 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, with a transmission range up to 200'.
Note: While this system includes two transmitters, only one can be used at a time.
Digital Audio Clarity for Speech Applications
- The system transmits audio with a flat, 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response and 120 dB of dynamic range, leaving the sound of your mic unaffected by the wireless components.
Cardioid Lavalier Mic Optimized for Speech
- The WL185 condenser microphone mic is optimized for speech intelligibility with a cardioid polar pattern that helps to reject unwanted noise.
Classic SM58 Cardioid Mic Capsule
- The integrated SM58 dynamic capsule features a cardioid polar pattern that minimizes background noise and feedback. Its brightened midrange and bass roll-off deliver that sought-after warm and clear vocal reproduction. The built-in spherical wind and pop filter reduces plosives for clean and intelligible speech.
Fast to Set Up and Simple to Operate
- Press one button on the receiver and one on the transmitter, and the system is ready to operate.
- When you power up the receiver, it automatically searches for the cleanest available frequency, avoiding time-consuming frequency setup.
- If RF interference occurs, the receiver and transmitter automatically jump to a new clear frequency, with no interruption of the audio signal.
- The front-panel display lets you see the channel you're operating, a level meter, and the remaining battery life of the transmitter.
- The transmitter's gain can be wirelessly adjusted right from the receiver's front panel to optimize the audio signal.
- Automatic transmitter power-off function conserves battery life when transmitter is not in use.
- The receiver comes with rackmounting hardware, making it easy to install it in a single rackspace with the antennas facing the front for better reception.
GLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter
- The GLXD1 features a rugged metal construction with an ergonomic design that provides a comfortable fit. It is also equipped with a TA4M 4-pin mic input jack and a convenient on/off switch can be operated by feel.
- A red LED indicates low remaining battery life.
Lightweight GLXD2 Handheld Transmitter
- The durable GLXD2 handheld transmitter is comfortable to hold with an ergonomic design and a lightweight plastic construction.
- An easily accessible power switch lets you turn the transmitter on and off.
- A red LED indicates low remaining battery life.
Solid Wireless Reliability with More Channels
- True digital diversity means two antennas and two independent receiver modules work together to reduce RF signal dropouts.
- The GLX-D Advanced operates in the globally unlicensed 2.4 GHz spectrum, free from TV-channel interference (for optimal results, use of the system is recommended in environments with limited Wi-Fi traffic).
Optional UA846Z2 Frequency Manager
- If you need to expand your system with more microphones, the UA846Z2 frequency manager (available separately) allows you to connect up to six GLXD4R receivers— improving RF reliability, distributing power to the receivers, and functioning as an antenna distribution system.
- Connect a second UA846Z2 if you need more than six receivers, for up to nine channels in typical conditions and up to 11 channels in optimal conditions.
- The UA846Z2 frequency manager constantly scans the RF spectrum and stores clean backup frequencies to avoid audio interruptions during a performance.
Optional Remote-Mounted Antennas
- Adding two PA805Z2-RSMA remote-mountable passive directional antennas (available separately) increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
Intelligent Battery Rechargeability for Uninterrupted Performance
- The GLXD1 bodypack transmitter runs on an intelligent SB902 rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included).
- The battery provides up to 16 hours of continuous use on a full charge.
- The SB902 battery can be recharged in the GLXDR4 receiver's internal charging bay (located on the front panel). The charging bay can also be used to recharge a spare battery while the transmitter is in use.
- Alternately, the SB902 can be recharged while in the bodypack transmitter with the included USB charging cable.
- Just a 15-minute quick charge provides 1.5 hours of use.
- One SB902 battery provides up to 10,000 hours of regular use, equivalent to 2500 alkaline batteries.
- The SB902's remaining battery life can be metered in hours and minutes from the receiver's front panel.
Add Functionality to Your System
- The WL93 omnidirectional lavalier mic offers consistent pickup even when the performer turns away from the mic.
- The discrete MX153 miniature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications.
- The GLXD2 handheld transmitter is available with a variety of mic capsules for presenters and performers who prefer the flexibility of a handheld microphone—including SM86, Beta 58A, and Beta 87A capsules.
- The WA302 guitar cable lets you connect the bodypack transmitter to a guitar or bass.
- The WB98H/C flexible gooseneck instrument microphone attaches to brass, woodwind, and percussion instruments.