The S5H from Adam Professional Audio is an active studio reference monitor designed for horizontal orientation in medium-sized and large control rooms. Capable of delivering 1800W RMS of cumulative amp power, it features two 10” HexaCone woofers, one 4” dome/cone hybrid midrange driver, and a handmade folded-ribbon tweeter. The waveguides, Adam-designed mid- and high-range propagation systems (MPS and HPS), ensure a wide, stable sweet spot.
Developed for transparency, the S5H’s frequency response is an impressive 22 Hz to 50 kHz. A multitude of DSP options, from equalization to delay, are provided for tailoring the monitor to the room and to personal preferences. The back panel features an OLED display and a push-button/rotary encoder to allow modification of parameters. Connect a computer to the USB Type-A jack for convenient remote access to all the S5H’s settings.
Two inputs, balanced analog and AES3 digital, are available via XLR jacks. An XLR AES3 output is provided to route digital signal to the second monitor, necessary for correct digital signal flow. Vary input sensitivity and output level as needed. Load and save voicing presets for quick configuration of monitor options. If further tonal adjustments are desired, there is a 6-band parametric EQ with high-pass and low-pass filters. Use up to 5 ms of delay for timing adjustments.
Adam S Series monitors, custom-developed with no off-the-shelf components, are handmade in Berlin according to strict manufacturing tolerances.
- 2 x 10" ELE (Extended Linear Excursion) HexaCone woofers
- Redesigned bass reflex tubes minimize resonance and signal loss
- 4" carbon composite DCH (Dome/Cone Hybrid) midrange driver
- Aluminum MPS (Midrange Propagation System) waveguide
- S-ART folded ribbon tweeter with aluminum HPS (High-frequency Propagation System) waveguide
- 1800W RMS cumulative power via four PWM (Class D) amplifiers
- 2 x 700W woofer amps
- 300W midrange amp
- 100W tweeter amp
- 24 Hz - 50 kHz frequency response
- Low harmonic distortion
- Adjustable input sensitivity and output level
- 6-band parametric equalizer with HPF and LPF filters
- Variable delay for timing adjustment
- XLR analog and AES3 digital inputs
- USB Type-A for remote access via computer