Designed to accommodate large and small specimens, the Swift Optical M29TZ-SM99CL Stereo Zoom Trinocular Microscope makes it easy and comfortable for groups of people to share the view through the eyepieces. The head design provides full access to the eyepieces, while you stream the view locally to the included tablet and/or to monitors and projectors, capture and document specimens for later use and study, or use with internet applications such as online class work, webinars, and podcasts.
The binocular eyepiece configuration lets you view with both eyes open, which is not only more comfortable, but preserves true 3D stereoscopic vision with a rich depth of view. The two eyepieces are set at a comfortable 45° angle, and the head rotates in a full 360° circle so people standing or sitting at a table or desk can all enjoy the view without having to have everyone move to the eyepieces. Optically the microscope is outfitted with two 10x power eyepieces that, when combined with the objectives, provide magnifications from 10x to 40x with a stepless zoom mechanism that enables precise power selection anywhere between the minimum and maximum. The objectives are all parfocal and parcentered, so that little or no focus adjustment will be required when changing magnifications, and the center of the view will remain consistent when switching objectives. A left-eye diopter adjustment allows users to compensate for individual eye strength, and the eyepiece's interpupillary adjustment range makes it easy for all users to place their distance exactly where they need it.
The viewing head can be raised and lowered relative to the base for viewing flat or chunky specimens. The stage is integrated into the base to make viewing larger specimens like rocks, gems, textiles, and circuit boards easier. Upper and lower LED illuminators light the stage, and independent power control allows you to have just the upper LED on, just the lower, or both; a rheostat dimmer controls the brightness to provide the perfect amount of light. Two stage plates are included: a frosted glass that passes light without the harsh glare, and a reversible white/black contrast plate that provides a stark difference between your specimen and background to enhance the view.
- Head design is ideal for classrooms, webinars, showrooms, and other similar applications
- Trinocular head configuration allows the mounting of video and DSLR cameras without affecting the user's ability to fully access the eyepieces
- Two 10x eyepieces produce 10-40x magnifications
- Infinite (continuous) zoom provides precise control of the magnification through the entire zoom range
- Achromatic lens design virtually eliminates chromatic aberration, so colors are accurate and true to life
- Parfocal objectives will require little or no refocusing when changing magnifications
- Parcentered objectives ensure the center of the view remains consistent when switching between objectives
Use and Handling
- Binocular eyepiece configuration makes it easier and more comfortable to use versus monocular heads, while also preserving a true 3D view and rich depth of field when viewing rocks or gems
- Head set at a 45° angle to place user's head in a comfortable viewing position
- Head rotates a full 360° to make it easier to share with a group or class, thumb screw locks head in position
- Wide 55-75mm interpupillary adjustment range accommodates a variety of users
- Runs on 110-240 VAC power; supplied with a three-prong grounded US wall outlet plug
Specimen Stage and Illumination
- Stage is integrated into the base to provide a wide area for larger specimens like circuit boards, rocks, parchment, fabric, etc.
- Mounted on post with locking support collar permits up or down adjustment of viewing head to accommodate different-sized objects on stage
- Frosted glass stage plate transmits light without harsh glare
- Reversible plastic black/white contrast plate enhances the view by providing a stark color difference between the specimen and the background
- Blue filter for transmitted light
- Locked-on stage clips hold specimen slides in place
- Upper (incidental) LED illumination with adjustable angle for precise specimen lighting; lower (transmitted) LED illuminator
- Rheostat dimmer controls light intensity for both illuminators
- Independent control allows top or bottom illumination only, or both
- Single speed dual-focusing knobs bring views into sharp detail, with a slip clutch to prevent damage due to obstruction such as getting too close to the specimen stage
- Tension adjustment on the focus eliminates focus drift