This L-Plate Set and Grip from Really Right Stuff is designed to replace the original manufacturer's base plate for a Leica M10 digital rangefinder. When installed, the Really Right Stuff base plate provides the ability to adapt the camera to an Arca-type compatible quick release clamp while in the landscape orientation. With the addition of the vertical plate to the base plate, the camera body can also be mounted in the portrait orientation. When holding the camera in the shooting position, the base-plate grip can increase security and comfort by enhancing the amount of surface area available to the user's right hand.
The base plate is a modular component that can be used in combination with separate accessories for additional functionality. They include the vertical plate, the base-plate grip, as well as separately-available strap connectors. For easy installation and removal, a 1/4"-20 folding-wing thumb screw mount allows the base plate to be connected to the camera body. The mount also features a hex socket for holding the included 5/32 hex key. Dual retaining screws are also provided along the underside of the base plate. If positioned for use, those screws prevent the base plate and an attached camera from accidentally sliding off when the clamp it is placed on is opened.
When installed, the base plate fits precisely onto a Leica M10 digital rangefinder camera. For direct attachment to accessories such as a tripod or straps that feature 1/4"-20 mounts, the underside of the base plate is tapped with one 1/4"-20 female accessory thread. The underside of the base plate also has a receiver for a Really Right Stuff QD "Quick Detach" connector utilized by many Really Right Stuff camera straps, as well as three additional 3.5mm female accessory threads along each end. When the bottom of the base plate faces the user with the 1/4"-20 female accessory thread above the 1/4"-20 folding-wing thumb screw mount, the three accessory threads on the right side can be used to secure the vertical plate. Similarly, the three accessory threads that are then on the left side accommodate the base-plate grip.
- Replaces original manufacturer's base plate for a Leica M10 digital rangefinder camera
- Provides the ability to adapt a Leica M10 digital rangefinder camera to an Arca-type compatible quick release clamp while in the landscape or portrait orientation, and allows that camera to be held with increased security as well as comfort
- Can be used in combination with separately-available strap connectors
- 1/4"-20 folding-wing thumb screw mount for easy installation and removal
- Mount also features a hex socket for installation or removal using an included 5/32 hex key
- Vertical plate and base-plate grip can be securely connected to the base plate using six included retaining screws
- If positioned for use, two additional retaining screws prevent the base plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp it is placed on is opened
- One 1/4"-20 female accessory thread for direct connection to a 1/4"-20 mount
- Receiver for a Really Right Stuff QD "Quick Detach" connector utilized by many Really Right Stuff camera straps
- Rubberized gasket creates a weather-resistant seal between base plate and camera
- For cylindrical panoramas where their individual component images are obtained by incrementally rotating the camera, engraved index mark on the rear of the base plate helps position the camera lens in use over the rotation axis, promoting proper alignment of elements within the final panoramic image
- 2.5mm hex key to install or remove retaining screws
- Durable and lightweight, 6061-T6 aluminum-alloy construction