Portable Design, Broad Versatility
Ultra-wide and versatile, the Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G is a flexible, everyday wide zoom characterized by its nimble design and well-rounded performance that makes it ideal for architectural, interior, and landscape subjects. And, as a G Lens, priority has been given to the optical design, which specifically helps to reduce distortion and achieve high sharpness across the frame for accurate rendering and high resolution.
Sophisticated G Optics
- Four aspherical elements are featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations in order to produce a high degree of sharpness while also limiting distortion.
- One Super ED and three ED elements are used to suppress chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
Intuitive Handling and Sleek Design
- Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor AF system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance that is suitable for both stills and video use.
- Customizable focus hold button on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Integrated lens hood helps reduce flaring and also provides some physical protection to the front lens element.