Styled in white, left LYD 48 from Dynaudio Acoustics is a 3-way studio monitor well suited for near-field and midfield applications. The 8" woofer and 4" midrange woofer are made from a magnesium silicate polymer, which provides stiff, yet light weight performance, while the soft dome tweeter offers smooth, balanced highs. Each driver is powered by a separate Class-D amplifier and when combined, offers a frequency response of 32 Hz to 21 kHz with a maximum SPL of 112 dB (pair at 1m).
The rear panel offers balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs. Additional controls for bass extension, placement, and balance allow you to contour the speakers' output to your room without changing the phase, thereby ensuring power, precision, and accuracy at any volume.
Key Features at a Glance
- Near-field / midfield monitor with 8" woofer, 4" mid-woofer, and 1.0" soft dome tweeter
- Tri-amped speaker design with 80W LF / 50W MF / 50W HF Class-D amplification
- Bass Extension: Extend or curtail the low-end frequency response (-10, 0, +10 Hz)
- Position Switch: One for free-standing and one designed for speakers within 19.7" of wall
- Sound balance to influence the overall response of the speaker without adjusting the phase
- Max. SPL (1m, pair): 112 dB
- Crossover Frequencies: 490 Hz / 5600 Hz
- Frequency Response: 32 Hz to 21 kHz