The MTransformer from MeldaProduction is a pitch- and frequency-shifter plug-in designed to provide extreme audio manipulation for mixing engineers, electronic musicians, producers, and sound designers. It features a resizable and customizable GUI, 64-bit audio processing, and free-for-life updates.
MTransformer lets you shift any frequency to any other, transform levels between frequencies, and control oscillator shape and harmonic content. Use up to four modulators to control any set of parameters, or use the randomize feature to try different configurations. Tweak the settings via multi-parameters or MIDI controllers. If desired, automatically sync every oscillator and modulator to the host tempo. Measurements of all relevant values are displayed on traditional meters and advanced time graphs. Easily manage levels via automatic gain compensation and the built-in safety limiter.
The plug-in works in mono, stereo, mid/side, and surround. It supports Audio Units, VST, and AAX plug-in formats, and is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows systems.
- Shift pitch
- Transform any frequency to any other
- Switch levels of loud and quiet frequencies
- Modulate any parameter from options such as LFO, envelope generator, randomizer, pitch detector, or amplitude follower
- Automatically sync every oscillator and modulator in the plug-in to the host tempo
- Use standard or custom oscillator shapes to change the audio signal
- MTransformer provides four fully-featured modulators. They can control any set of parameters including other modulators. Each modulator works as an LFO, level follower, MIDI- / audio-triggered ADSR enveloper, randomizer, or pitch detector.
- You can make the sound vary over time, create movement, and make your sound generally more interesting. You can make various parameters respond to the input or sidechain level or listen to the input pitch.
- MTransformer provides a mix of predefined oscillator shapes, which are custom waveforms edited using the MeldaProduction Envelope System (MES)—a step-sequencer with several methods for algorithmic post-processing.
- Harmonic mode allows you to control the harmonic content instead of the oscillator shape. This is especially useful for high-frequency oscillators.
- MTransformer lets you control multiple parameters using a single multi-parameter to expand automation flexibility and morph between banks of settings.
- If you aren't sure what to tweak, click the Random button to have the plug-in change settings for you. The smart randomization algorithm selects combinations of parameters that are designed to sound pleasing.
- Hold Control before pressing the Random button to slightly modify existing settings.
- MTransformer includes automatic gain compensation, which quickly adapts to current settings and ensures the output sounds as loud as the input. This protects you from thinking that something sounds better just because it is just louder.
- The built-in safety brickwall limiter ensures that the output stays below 0 dB, preventing digital clipping.
- MTransformer features a freely resizable and customizable GUI. It also lets you choose between knobs, sliders, or buttons. The plug-in can be made to look like a vintage outboard unit or futuristic device.
- If your display doesn't have a high resolution, you can make the plugin smaller. If the fonts are too small, you can make the plug-in bigger.
- All the graphics are accelerated using your GPU, providing quick response and keeping your CPU focused on the audio.
- The Easy screen offers several predefined modes, but just a few controls. Switch to the Edit screen for access to all of the plug-in's parameters.
- The plug-in can display the measurements of all relevant values using classic meters, or it can show them in time using the time graphs.
- 64-bit audio processing
- Compatible with standard and high sample rates, even beyond 192 kHz
- Mono, stereo, mid/side, and surround configurations are supported
- Adjustable upsampling (1-16x)
Global Preset Management
- MTransformer presets are stored in a system database, which can be accessed from any project in any host. The plug-in can automatically share your presets and download presets of other users from MeldaProduction servers.
- Use MIDI controllers and MIDI keyboards to control parameters in real time
- No dongle or internet access required for activation
- Free updates for life
- Audio Units, AAX, VST
- Mac OS X, Windows