This B&H Kit pairs the Atomos Shogun Flame Recording Monitor with a dedicated Accessory Kit that includes everything you need for a complete workflow with the monitor.
The Shogun Flame features a 7", 1920 x 1200 high-definition touchscreen display and a 1500 cd/m² brightness that allows for visibility even in bright outdoor conditions. It offers HDMI and 12G-SDI inputs and outputs and is capable of recording up to Ultra HD 4K/30 signals to 2.5" SSDs. There are also many more features, such as HDR mode and 3D LUT support. The Accessory Kit supplies the 2.5" SSDs (Master Caddies) as well as batteries, a charger, USB 3.0 Docking Station, cables, hard flight case, and more.
Atomos Shogun Flame 7" 4K HDMI/SDI Recording Monitor
The Atomos Shogun Flame is a 7", 1920 x 1200 on-camera recording monitor that combines 4K recording with a 10-bit FRC panel that supports native display of HDR (log) footage as well as high brightness viewing of Rec. 709 footage. It utilizes 4K HDMI and 12G-SDI inputs to support clean output signals at resolutions up to UHD 4K (3840 x 2160), recording it to 2.5" SSDs using 10-bit, 4:2:2 Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHR codecs. It even supports DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) raw video streams over SDI from select Sony and Canon cameras, encoding it as ProRes/DNxHR files.
The monitor features 10-bit FRC processing and AtomHDR display technology supporting a 10-stop brightness range, allowing you to more accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor offers built-in pre-sets to accurately translate popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras. The settings only affect viewing, with recorded video remained unaltered.
In addition to HDR monitoring, the monitor also offers a High-Bright mode for traditional Rec. 709 monitoring. This mode takes advantage of the full 1500 cd/m² brightness to allow for more confident monitoring in bright outdoor environments, even without a sun hood. In HDR mode, use of an included snap-on sun hood is required, as displaying a wider brightness range reduces the overall brightness of the monitor.
Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Shogun Flame features built-in protective armor that features silicone-covered corners and chamfered edges. Compared to the original Shogun, the Flame now features dual Sony L-Series battery plates that support battery hot-swapping, enabling longer run times. For audio recording, the monitor supports balanced XLR inputs with +48V Phantom Power via an included audio breakout cable. Additional features included Genlock / LTC input, SDI/HDMI cross-conversion, and a variety of onscreen exposure analysis, framing, and focus assist tools. An AC adapter is included, as is a Master Caddy II 2.5" drive enclosure. For protection during storage and transport, a zippered travel case is also included.
- 1920 x 1200 resolution
- 10-bit FRC monitoring processing
- 1500 cd/m² brightness
- AtomHDR technology displays 10 stops of dynamic range to natively display HDR (log) footage
- Presets for viewing log gamma curves from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras
- High-Bright mode for Rec. 709 viewing
- Supports custom 3D LUTs (.cube format)
- Anamorphic de-squeeze: 2x, 1.5x, 1.33x, Panasonic 8:3
- 4K UHD downscale for HD monitoring
- 4K HDMI and 12G-SDI inputs / outputs
- SDI/HDMI cross-conversion
- Genlock / LTC input
- Audio breakout cable for XLR audio input
- UHD 4K recording at 24/25/30 fps
- 1080p recording up to 120 fps
- 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNxHR recording to SSD/HDD media
- 4K raw to ProRes/DNxHR recording over SDI from Sony FS700, Sony FS7, Canon C300 Mark II, and Canon C500
- Pre-roll record (HD 8 seconds, 4K 2 seconds)
- Custom time-lapse mode
- 10 metadata fields
- Dual Sony L-Series battery slots support hot-swappable for continuous power
- Built-in armor with silicone-covered corners
- Audio level meters and mic level adjustment
Atomos Accessory Kit for Shogun/Ninja Inferno & Flame
The Atomos Accessory Kit includes everything you'll need for a complete workflow with your Shogun/Ninja Inferno and Flame monitors/recorders.
- HPRC hard flight case
- 2.5mm female to dual 2.5mm male control cable
- Two NP-F750 5200mAh batteries
- Fast charger
- USB 3.0 docking station
- Coiled DC barrel to D-Tap cable
- Four Master Caddy II drive caddies
- AC power adapter
- HDR sunhood