Capture Full HD 1080p video and brilliant still images at depths as great as 200', thanks to the Underwater Action Housing and Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II Camera Kit from B&H. This package provides everything you need for a video or photo adventure beneath the surface, bundling the durable waterproof enclosure with the advanced, 20MP point-and-shoot digital camera, which features a 28-84mm f/2-4.9 lens (35mm equivalent) with 3x optical zoom. Add a video light or other constant light source to your system to ensure sufficient illumination and color accuracy on cloudy days, and when diving beyond 20' or so on clear, sunny days.
Ikelite Underwater Action Housing for Canon PowerShot G9 X or G9 X Mark II
Capture HD video and still images at depths as far down as 200' beneath the surface with Ikelite's compact, lightweight Underwater Action Housing for the Canon PowerShot G9 X or G9 X Mark II Digital Camera. The enclosure is designed primarily for video recording, as there is no strobe connector and the camera's flash is not accessible. However, quality photos are still possible with an optional constant light source at any depth or with available sunlight down to about 60' underwater.
The housing affords access to important camera functions via ergonomic, mechanical controls, including push-buttons and a knurled dial with a small lever. Built for durability, the housing is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls.
The housing features a built-in, flat, optical glass lens port with a 3.0" diameter. Optional, accessory wide-angle and macro conversion lenses as well as color-correction filters can be attached to the front of the port to enhance your images.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Constructed by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/off-white on front, sides, top, and bottom, but clear in back to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and rear camera controls
- Light gray/off-white color reflects sunlight to keep camera cool when shooting at or above water's surface, and offers better contrast for improved viewing of camera, monitor, and O-ring seal
- Controls made of acetyl plastic
- Compact, lightweight design is well-suited to action video recording and makes for easy storage and transport
- Designed primarily for video recording, as there is no strobe connector and the camera's flash is not accessible
- Quality photos still possible with an optional constant light source at any depth, or with available sunlight down to about 60' underwater
- Many optional lights designed for video and photo capture can be mounted to optional lighting arms for use with housing
- At depths greater than about 60', or when diving in dark conditions, an external light source is necessary to provide adequate illumination and restore colors that get absorbed by water and turned into muted blue and green shades
- Choose a light with a high lumen output, a wide and even beam, and--ideally--a daylight-balanced color temperature for best results
- To preserve natural colors of subjects and environments in images, try to stay within arm's reach of what you're shooting. The further away you go, the more light is absorbed by water--which acts like a big blue/green filter
Controls and Handling
- Affords access to important camera functions via ergonomic, mechanical controls, including push-buttons and a knurled dial with a small lever
- Shutter button, power on/off, zoom (wide/telephoto) lever, and movie recording button are all accessible
- Touchscreen functions are not accessible
- Central, bottom-mounted 1/4"-20 threaded hole provides attachment point for optional tray with handles, which improves balance while offering mounting points for lighting arms
- Slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Built-in, flat, optical glass lens port with a scratch-resistant front element, 3.0" diameter, and 67mm filter thread
- Provides full use of the camera's zoom range without vignetting
- Optional, external, 67mm threaded wide-angle and macro accessory lenses from Ikelite, INON, Epoque, and other manufacturers can be attached directly to front of port
- Wide-angle lenses provide greater angle of coverage to allow you to fit more in frame, while macro lenses magnify your image to enable close-ups with greater clarity and detail
- Both types of conversion lenses get you closer to subjects, reducing amount of water in between you and therefore minimizing distortion
- Wide-angle lenses often result in some vignetting, which can be reduced/eliminated by zooming in, using smaller aperture, or cropping in editing/post-production phase
- Recommended WD-3 Wide Angle Dome provides mid-range angle of view with no vignetting
- Optional, external color-correction filters, available for tropical blue and green water, can be attached via press-fit method to front of port to restore hues that get absorbed underwater
- Since color filters reduce amount of light that enters lens, they are most effective in sunny conditions at depths of about 80' or less
- Color filters not recommended for use in conjunction with external lighting, as combination can throw off color accuracy in images
- Most wide-angle lenses require a filter with a 3.6" diameter
Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II Digital Camera (Silver)
A sleek, pocketable, and quite capable camera, the silver PowerShot G9 X Mark II from Canon mixes a compact form factor with advanced imaging capabilities. Pairing a 20.1MP 1" CMOS sensor with a DIGIC 7 image processor, this combination produces clean, high-resolution image quality well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions, with extended sensitivity to ISO 12800, and also avails quick shooting performance up to 8.2 fps for working with moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported, as well as in-camera time-lapse movies for producing dynamic moving image content. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a versatile 3x optical zoom lens, which covers a wide-angle to portrait-length 28-84mm equivalent focal length range, and Dynamic IS benefits this reach by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. The slim camera body also features a 3.0" touchscreen LCD for intuitive control as well as built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth for wirelessly transferring imagery and remotely controlling the camera from a mobile device.
20.1MP 1" CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Processor
3x Optical Zoom Lens and Image Stabilization
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- For live view monitoring and image playback, a 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available and features a touchscreen design for intuitive settings control and menu navigation.
- Compact, pocket-sized form factor is ideal for carrying with you at all times.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly transfer images to a linked mobile device and Bluetooth pairing allows you to easily connect to smartphones or tablets to permit remote control over the camera from your device using the Canon Camera Connect app.
- The included NB-13L rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 235 shots per charge when working with the screen on, or approximately 315 shots per charge in ECO mode.
Other Camera Features
- Time-Lapse Movie functions let you record a series of stills over a set time period, then automatically merge and output the time-lapse as a video for seamless playback.
- In-camera raw conversion lets you apply a range of creative adjustments to your raw files, such as Auto Light Optimizer and Picture Style adjustments, and then export them as edited JPEGs directly from the camera.
- Picture Style effects allow you to creatively refine the look of imagery in-camera while shooting; these modes include Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and three User Defined settings.