Capture beautiful photos and brilliant Full HD 1080p video at depths as great as 200', thanks to the Ikelite Underwater Housing with TTL Circuitry and Sony Alpha a6000 Camera Body Kit from B&H. Once you add your favorite lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light to this durable waterproof enclosure and 24MP, APS-C, mirrorless digital camera, you'll be ready to start your adventure.
Ikelite Underwater Housing with TTL Circuitry for Sony Alpha a6000 (Updated Version, White)
Capture photos and video at depths as great as 200' beneath the surface with your Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera, thanks to this updated version of the dedicated Ikelite Underwater Housing. The enclosure features built-in, proprietary circuitry and an Ikelite bulkhead strobe connector, allowing for TTL or manual exposure with optional, external Ikelite DS Substrobes attached via sync cord. Non-Ikelite strobes are compatible in manual mode only. The housing is also fitted with dual fiber-optic cable ports as an alternative method of flash connection. Large, mechanical controls, including a newly added, ergonomic shutter lever, provide access to all important camera functions.
Another change in this version of the housing is that it's now made of a white ABS/polycarbonate blend, which is still corrosion-resistant but also reflects sunlight to keep your camera cooler when shooting at or above the water's surface. The back plate is still clear to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain a full view of the camera. Additionally, this version features two standard 1/4"-20 threaded mounts for connection to an optional tray with a grip handle.
The housing can be connected to an optional mounting tray with an ergonomic quick-release grip handle, which improves balance and gives you an attachment point for an optional lighting arm. A lens port is required, and several interchangeable ports for various lenses are available separately. For compatibility details, see the Port Chart.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Designed, made by hand, and tested in the USA
- Made of a white ABS/polycarbonate blend, which is still corrosion-resistant but also reflects sunlight to keep your camera cooler when shooting at or above the water's surface
- Back plate is made of clear polycarbonate to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain full view of camera. A port has been added for installation of optional vacuum valve to allow you to confirm watertight integrity before diving
- Rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring, eliminating need for a groove or channel that can trap sand, dirt, or debris
- Features two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps that are easy to use and virtually unbreakable
- Camera's large, bright LCD screen can be viewed edge-to-edge through back of housing
- Easy, front-loading camera mounting system
- Battery and memory card compartments are readily accessible
- Two standard 1/4"-20 mounts added on bottom for connection to optional tray
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Built-in, proprietary circuitry and Ikelite bulkhead strobe connector enable TTL and manual exposure with optional, external Ikelite DS Substrobes attached via sync cord
- Circuit powered by strobe, so there's no maintenance required and no batteries to change
- Exposure compensation in TTL mode is supported using camera's built-in control
- Housing provides a direct electrical connection to camera's external flash hot shoe
- Non-Ikelite strobes are compatible in manual mode only
- Sync cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a light bulb, and threaded fitting prevents accidental detachment during use
- Bulkhead connection has been moved to top of housing to keep cords out of the way and reduce strain on cord ends
- Various sync cords are available for Ikelite, Sea & Sea, Inon, and Nikonos strobes
- Dual fiber-optic cable ports allow for connection of up to two Ikelite, Sea & Sea, or Olympus-type fiber-optic cables
- Camera's built-in flash triggers external strobes but is not usable for subject illumination
- Sync cord connection is recommended over fiber-optic cable, as it will eliminate shutter lag, battery drain, and heat build-up resulting from camera's flash having to fire and recycle
- Sync cord also solves problems of signal interference, inconsistent exposure, and false triggering by other light sources
- Fiber-optic connection bypasses TTL functionality
Strobe and Cord Compatibility
- DS50, above serial number 70000
- DS125, above serial number 5000
- DS200, above serial number 7163
- Non-Ikelite strobes with Ikelite-style connectors, or those with different connectors that can be plugged into available sync cords, such as INON-to-Ikelite or Nikonos SB-to-Ikelite options
- Sync Cords:
- #4103.51 Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Sync Cord (TTL)
- #4103.52 Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Dual Sync Cord (TTL)
- #4118.1 Sea & Sea / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual)
- 4118.2 Sea & Sea / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual Sync Cord (Manual)
- #4116.31 Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual)
- #4116.32 Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual)
- Fiber-Optic Cords:
- #4501 Ikelite Fiber Optic Coiled Cord
- INON Optical D Cable L-Connector>
- #50107 Sea & Sea Fiber Optic Cable (L-type)
- #PTCB-E02 Olympus UW Fiber Optic Cable
- #26211 Nauticam to INON Optical Fiber Cable
- #26212 Nauticam to Sea & Sea Optical Fiber Cable
Controls and Handling
- Mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs, a dial, and a lever, provide access to all important camera functions
- Controls are placed right at your fingertips and, whenever possible, in same position as on camera
- Large size allows for easy operation, even with thick diving gloves on
- Symbols are laser-engraved into back of housing for easy identification over years of use
- Optional aluminum mounting tray with one or two ergonomic quick-release grip handles improves balance and gives you an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- Delivered without a required lens port
- Accepts one of several interchangeable ports for various zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses
- For compatibility, see Port Chart linked above
- Simply press port on and tighten three thumb screws to secure it
Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera Body (Black)
The black Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera is a versatile and advanced mirrorless camera featuring a 24.3MP APS-C-sized Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor to produce high-resolution still images and Full HD movies with marked low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 25600. Beyond notable imaging traits, the image processor also lends itself to continuous shooting up to 11 fps and an intelligent Fast Hybrid AF system that uses both phase- and contrast-detection methods to quickly and accurately acquire focus.
For live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation, both a large rear monitor and detailed electronic viewfinder are available. The 3.0" 921k-dot XtraFine LCD screen features a tilting design to facilitate easier use from both high and low angles and also incorporates WhiteMagic technology for easier viewing in bright conditions. The 0.39" 1,440k-dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF offers 100% frame coverage and a refined optical design to provide a natural viewing perspective and magnification. The body design of the a6000 also houses a configurable user interface, built around several customizable buttons and two control dials, for efficient and intuitive access to frequently used camera settings. Additionally, a Multi Interface shoe is available for attaching external flashes, continuous lights, or microphones.
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, with support for NFC-enabled devices, is also integrated into the a6000 to support remote camera control and image sharing to linked mobile devices. In addition to these base features, with firmware version 2.0 users will have access to the XAVC S format for Full HD 1080p video at 24, 30, and 60 fps. This format will dramatically improve video quality by allowing the camera to capture images at a high bit rate of 50 Mbps, which holds more information than AVCHD for fewer artifacts. Along with this, users will be required to use Class 10 or faster SDXC memory cards with a capacity of 64GB or greater.
24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
Fast Hybrid AF System
For further refinement, a series of distinct AF modes can be selected from depending on the subject. Eye AF is a detail-oriented focusing function that can prioritize a subject's pupil and dedicate focusing performance on that for sharply-rendered portraits; Lock-on AF is a dedicated focusing method for use with moving subjects and adjusts the target frame size as the subject moves throughout the image frame; AF area settings allow you to prioritize specific regions within the frame for increased accuracy; and AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C (Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), and Manual Focus modes can also be chosen.
Full HD Video Recording
Complementing the video capabilities of the a6000, a built-in stereo microphone is incorporated into the design and records audio in the Linear PCM 2-channel format for XAVC S movies, the AC-3 Dolby Digital format for AVCHD movies, and the MPEG-4 AAC-LC format for web-quality MP4 videos.
Manual focus peaking and a zebra function are also available, to benefit working in manual focus and to assure highlight detail is retained, respectively. A marker setting can be shown on the rear LCD as well, in order to display a center marker, guide frame, aspect marker, safety zone, and other pertinent features for video recording.
Complementing the overall handling of the a6000 is a customizable user interface that includes an Fn function button and seven other buttons that can be adjusted depending upon user preferences and assigned to one of 47 different functions. Furthermore, two top dials offer an intuitive means for selecting crucial camera settings in a deft manner. A built-in pop-up flash, featuring a guide number of 19.7' at ISO 100, is available for working in difficult lighting conditions and a Multi Interface Shoe is also available for attaching additional on-camera accessories, such as flashes, video lights, and microphones.
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
Additionally, PlayMemories Camera Apps are also supported via the built-in Wi-Fi connection, and allow you to personalize the camera's features depending on specific shooting styles. Apps are available to suit creating portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shot, and other specific types of imagery.