Armed with the Ikelite Underwater Housing and Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Camera Kit from B&H, you can capture stunning images and UHD 4K video at depths as great as 200'. This package provides everything you need for a photo or video adventure beneath the surface, bundling the durable waterproof enclosure with the advanced, 20MP point-and-shoot digital camera, which features a Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm f/1.8-2.8 lens (35mm equivalent). Add a strobe or video light to your system to ensure sufficient illumination and color accuracy on cloudy days, and when diving beyond 20' or so on clear, sunny days.
Ikelite Underwater Housing for Sony Cyber-shot RX100 Mark III, IV, or V (Updated Version, White)
Capture clear, detailed images of coral, sharks, and more at depths as great as 200', thanks to this updated version of Ikelite's Underwater Housing for your Sony Cyber-shot RX100 Mark III, IV, or V Camera. Two ports for optional Ikelite, Sea & Sea, or Olympus-type fiber-optic cables enable the connection of external strobes. Large, ergonomic mechanical controls, including knurled knobs, a newly added shutter lever, a dial, and push-buttons, provide access to all camera functions except for the flash and viewfinder switches. In addition to the improved shutter lever, the housing offers better zoom control than the previous model.
Built for durability, the housing is designed, constructed, and tested in the USA. It's manufactured from a white ABS/polycarbonate blend, which is still corrosion-resistant but also reflects sunlight to keep your camera cooler when shooting at or above the water's surface. The back plate is clear to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain a full view of the camera. The integrated flat glass lens port has a 3.0" diameter, and accepts optional, external wide-angle and macro add-on lenses for an enhanced view. Optional color-correction filters can also be added to restore colors that get absorbed by the water.
- Can be safely used at a maximum depth of 200'
- Simply close the two double-passivated, stainless steel locking latches, and see the
O-ring form a solid watertight seal
- Designed, constructed by hand, and tested in the USA
- Made of a white ABS/polycarbonate blend, which is still corrosion-resistant but also reflects sunlight to keep your camera cooler when shooting at or above the water's surface
- Back plate is made of clear polycarbonate to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain full view of camera
- Slide-in, front-loading design for quick and easy setup
- A 1/2-20 size accessory port has been added for installation of optional vacuum valve to allow you to confirm watertight integrity before diving
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Large, ergonomic mechanical controls, including knurled knobs, dials, push-buttons, and an improved shutter lever on the side, provide access to all camera functions except for the flash switch and viewfinder switch
- Spring-loaded rear control dial
- Bright red push-button for video recording
- Sensitive lever makes it easy to half-press the shutter for focusing and metering
- All rear controls are clearly marked with laser engravings
- The housing is configured with a 1/4"-20 thread with 3.0" spacing for the mounting of an optional tray with single or dual handles, which will provide improved balance and handling, as well as quick-release attachment points for lighting arms
- Camera's built-in Wi-Fi allows you to download photos to another device without removing the camera from the housing
- Wi-Fi can only be used above water in close proximity to the connected device
- Older RX100 Mark I and Mark II cameras are not usable in this housing due to differences in lens and control placement
- Built-in, flat glass lens port has a 3.0" diameter
- It accepts optional, external wide-angle and macro add-on lenses with 67mm diameter threads for an increased field of view or extreme close-up shots with better clarity and detail, respectively
- Both types of lenses will enable you to get closer to your subjects, cutting down on the amount of water between you and them to reduce distortion
- The recommended Ikelite W30 and INON UWL-H100 wide-angle lenses provide notable edge sharpness with minimal vignetting, which can be eliminated altogether by zooming in slightly, using a smaller aperture, or cropping in the editing stage
- Ikelite WD-3 Wide Angle Dome provides medium angle of coverage with no vignetting
- Add optional color-correction filters to restore colors that get absorbed by the water
- Filter #6441.41 for blue water and 6441.81 for green water are available
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Housing is equipped with two ports for Ikelite, Sea & Sea, INON, Nauticam, or Olympus-type fiber-optic cables
- Compatible with the following cables: Ikelite 4501 Fiber Optic Coiled Cord, INON L-type Optical D Cable, Sea & Sea 50107 L-type Fiber Optic Cable, Olympus PTCB-E02 UW Fiber Optic Cable, Nauticam-to-INON 26211 Optical Fiber Cable, and Nauticam-to-Sea & Sea 26212 Optical Fiber Cable
- Camera's built-in flash cannot illuminate subject from within housing but is used to trigger external strobes, which provide greater illumination, color accuracy, and vibrancy, while virtually eliminating backscatter, glare, and hard shadows
- Ikelite DS strobes may be connected using the optional Fiber Optic Converter # 4401.1 and Fiber Optic Cord # 4501
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Digital Camera
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Digital Camera is a versatile and advanced point-and-shoot featuring a large 20.1-megapixel 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor to produce high-resolution still imagery and 4K video. This sensor's construction utilizes a stacked backside-illuminated design to improve clarity and image quality when working in dimly-lit conditions as well as to increase its sensitivity to a native ISO 12,800. By completely placing the camera's photodiodes over the sensor's processing structure, the light-gathering ability of the Exmor RS CMOS sensor is further improved over previous backside-illuminated devices and faster image processing capabilities are added as well. 16 fps of continuous shooting is made possible as well as UHD 4K movie recording with the option of Super Slow Motion frame rates of up to 960 fps. Also benefitting the performance of this sensor is the BIONZ X image processor, which helps to produce images with smooth quality and tonal gradations.
To make ultra-high definition video captures convenient, short 4K clips of up to five minutes can be recorded with no line skipping or pixel binning as well as with minimal moiré and visual aliasing. The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Digital Camera is NTSC and PAL switchable, while utilizing the XAVC S format to maximize high-bitrate shooting up to 100 Mbps for professional-quality video. When recording, creative potential is further extended with the ability to capture Super Slow Motion High Frame Rate movies at up to 40x slower than real time. These slow motion clips are recorded at 960 fps, 480 fps, or 240 fps and can then be played back at 1920 x 1080, in 60p, 30p, or 24p, when the camera is set to NTSC. For PAL, slow motion clips are recorded at 1000 fps, 500 fps, or 250 fps and can then be played back at 1920 x 1080, in either 50p or 25p. While recording at video resolutions lower than 4K, such as Full HD 1920 x 1080p, video clips up to 29 minutes in length can be saved.
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Digital Camera's enhanced Exmor RS CMOS sensor also helps to supplement the camera's top mechanical shutter speed of 1/2,000. It does so by enabling electronic shutter speeds of up to 1/32,000 second which minimizes distortion caused by "rolling shutter" which can become apparent when shooting fast moving subjects. Additionally, this high-speed shutter provides the ability to shoot photos with defocused backgrounds even while using large aperture settings under very bright lighting conditions. This is achieved by a combination of the 1/32,000 second electronic shutter speed and a built-in, three-stop ND filter that allows photos to be shot under extremely bright light at a maximum of EV19 with a fully open aperture setting. The built-in Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 2.9x zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-70mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of environments. An f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low lighting and controlling focus throughout the zoom range. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization is also available to help minimize the appearance of camera shake when working in dimly-lit conditions and with greater zoom magnifications. The lens also features a Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating, which helps to reduce surface reflections, lens flare, and ghosting in order to produce imagery that is rich in contrast and clarity.
Complementing the imaging capabilities of the RX100 IV is a sleek body design featuring both an electronic viewfinder and an LCD screen. The 0.39" 2,359k-dot SVGA OLED Tru-Finder has provides a bright, clear means for eye-level viewing. It features a unique pop-up mechanism that helps to maintain the compact form factor of the camera when carrying or if preferring to work with the rear screen. The 3.0" 1,229k-dot Xtra Fine LCD incorporates WhiteMagic technology for easier visibility in bright conditions and its tilting design permits greater usability from high, low, and front-facing angles. Furthermore, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC allows instant image sharing to, as well as remote camera control and monitoring from, linked mobile devices.
20.1 MP 1" Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
UHD 4K Video Recording
Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
Nine aspherical elements, including two AA (advanced aspherical) elements, are incorporated into the lens design to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range to benefit creating sharp, clear imagery. The lens also features a Zeiss T* anti-reflective multi-layered coating to help minimize lens flare and ghosting in order to produce imagery with rich contrast and color neutrality.
Benefitting the 2.9x reach of this lens, as well as supporting working in difficult lighting conditions and with longer shutter speeds, is Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which helps to offset the effects of camera shake. Additionally, a neutral density 0.9 filter is incorporated into the camera's design, which provides a reduction of three stops in exposure to enable working in bright conditions with wider aperture settings and for greater control over how subject movement is rendered.
For intuitive, SLR-like adjustments over a variety of camera settings, a manual control ring surrounds the lens and features a smooth, click-less design for quick and quiet changing of settings. The ring can be assigned to control a variety of features, at different values, such as zoom, aperture, and Picture Effects. A step-zoom feature can be utilized, too, to allow instant switching between commonly used focal lengths.
Super-Speed Anti-Distortion Electronic Shutter
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Additionally, PlayMemories Camera Apps are also supported via the built-in Wi-Fi connection, and allow you to personalize the camera's features depending on specific shooting styles. Apps are available to suit creating portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shot, and other specific types of imagery.