Shoot brilliant UHD 4K Video and still images at depths as great as 200' with the Ikelite Underwater Action Housing and Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Camera Kit from B&H. This package provides everything you need for a video or photo adventure beneath the surface, bundling the durable waterproof enclosure with the advanced, 20MP point-and-shoot digital camera, which features a Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm f/1.8-2.8 lens (35mm equivalent). Add a video light or other constant light source to your system to ensure sufficient illumination and color accuracy on cloudy days, and when diving beyond 20' or so on clear, sunny days.
Ikelite Underwater Action Housing for Sony Cyber-shot RX100 III, RX100 IV or RX100 V
Capture Full HD 1080 video and still images at depths as far down as 200' beneath the surface with Ikelite's compact, lightweight Underwater Action Housing for the Sony Cyber-shot RX100 III, RX100 IV or RX100 V Digital Camera. The enclosure is designed primarily for video recording, as there is no strobe connector and the camera's flash is not accessible. However, quality photos are still possible with an optional constant light source at any depth or with available sunlight down to about 60' underwater.
The housing affords access to important camera functions via ergonomic, mechanical controls, including pushbuttons and a knurled dial with a small lever. Built for durability, the housing is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls.
The housing features a built-in, flat, optical glass lens port with a 3.0" diameter. Optional, accessory wide-angle and macro conversion lenses as well as color-correction filters can be attached to the front of the port to enhance your images.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Constructed by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/off-white on front, sides, top, and bottom, but clear in back to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and rear camera controls
- Light gray/off-white color reflects sunlight to keep camera cool when shooting at or above water's surface, and also offers better contrast for improved viewing of camera, monitor, and O-ring seal
- Controls made of acetyl plastic
- Compact, lightweight design is well-suited to action video recording and also makes for easy storage and transport
- Designed primarily for video recording, as there is no strobe connector and the camera's flash is not accessible
- Quality photos still possible with an optional constant light source at any depth, or with available sunlight down to about 60' underwater
- Many optional lights designed for video and photo capture can be mounted to optional lighting arms for use with housing
- At depths greater than about 60', or when diving in dark conditions, an external light source is necessary to provide adequate illumination and restore colors that get absorbed by water and turned into muted blue and green shades
- Choose a light with a high lumen output, a wide and even beam, and--ideally--a daylight-balanced color temperature for best results
- To preserve natural colors of subjects and environments in images, try to stay within arm's reach of what you're shooting. The further away you go, the more light is absorbed by water--which acts like a big blue/green filter
Controls and Handling
- Affords access to important camera functions via ergonomic, mechanical controls, including push-buttons and a knurled dial with a small lever
- Shutter button, power on/off, zoom (wide/telephoto) lever, movie recording, Fn button, menu, up/down/left/right controls, FUNC/SET, playback, and delete button are all accessible
- Control symbols engraved into back of housing won't peel off or fade with time
- Central, bottom-mounted 1/4"-20 threaded hole provides attachment point for optional tray with handles, which improves balance while offering mounting points for lighting arms
- Slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Built-in, flat, optical glass lens port with a scratch-resistant front element, 3.0" diameter, and 67mm filter thread
- Provides full use of the camera's zoom range without vignetting
- Optional, external, 67mm threaded wide-angle and macro accessory lenses from Ikelite, INON, Epoque, and other manufacturers can be attached directly to front of port
- Wide-angle lenses provide greater angle of coverage to allow you to fit more in frame, while macro lenses magnify your image to enable close-ups with greater clarity and detail
- Both types of conversion lenses get you closer to subjects, reducing amount of water in between you and therefore minimizing distortion
- Wide-angle lenses often result in some vignetting, which can be reduced/eliminated by zooming in, using smaller aperture, or cropping in editing/post-production phase
- Recommended WD-3 Wide Angle Dome provides mid-range angle of view with no vignetting
- Optional, external color-correction filters, available for tropical blue and green water, can be attached via press-fit method to front of port to restore hues that get absorbed underwater
- Since color filters reduce amount of light that enters lens, they are most effective in sunny conditions at depths of about 80' or less
- Color filters not recommended for use in conjunction with external lighting, as combination can throw off color accuracy in images
- Most wide-angle lenses require a filter with a 3.6" diameter
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Digital Camera
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Digital Camera is a versatile and advanced point-and-shoot featuring a large 20.1-megapixel 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor to produce high-resolution still imagery and 4K video. This sensor's construction utilizes a stacked backside-illuminated design to improve clarity and image quality when working in dimly-lit conditions as well as to increase its sensitivity to a native ISO 12,800. By completely placing the camera's photodiodes over the sensor's processing structure, the light-gathering ability of the Exmor RS CMOS sensor is further improved over previous backside-illuminated devices and faster image processing capabilities are added as well. 16 fps of continuous shooting is made possible as well as UHD 4K movie recording with the option of Super Slow Motion frame rates of up to 960 fps. Also benefitting the performance of this sensor is the BIONZ X image processor, which helps to produce images with smooth quality and tonal gradations.
To make ultra-high definition video captures convenient, short 4K clips of up to five minutes can be recorded with no line skipping or pixel binning as well as with minimal moiré and visual aliasing. The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Digital Camera is NTSC and PAL switchable, while utilizing the XAVC S format to maximize high-bitrate shooting up to 100 Mbps for professional-quality video. When recording, creative potential is further extended with the ability to capture Super Slow Motion High Frame Rate movies at up to 40x slower than real time. These slow motion clips are recorded at 960 fps, 480 fps, or 240 fps and can then be played back at 1920 x 1080, in 60p, 30p, or 24p, when the camera is set to NTSC. For PAL, slow motion clips are recorded at 1000 fps, 500 fps, or 250 fps and can then be played back at 1920 x 1080, in either 50p or 25p. While recording at video resolutions lower than 4K, such as Full HD 1920 x 1080p, video clips up to 29 minutes in length can be saved.
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV Digital Camera's enhanced Exmor RS CMOS sensor also helps to supplement the camera's top mechanical shutter speed of 1/2,000. It does so by enabling electronic shutter speeds of up to 1/32,000 second which minimizes distortion caused by "rolling shutter" which can become apparent when shooting fast moving subjects. Additionally, this high-speed shutter provides the ability to shoot photos with defocused backgrounds even while using large aperture settings under very bright lighting conditions. This is achieved by a combination of the 1/32,000 second electronic shutter speed and a built-in, three-stop ND filter that allows photos to be shot under extremely bright light at a maximum of EV19 with a fully open aperture setting. The built-in Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 2.9x zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-70mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of environments. An f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low lighting and controlling focus throughout the zoom range. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization is also available to help minimize the appearance of camera shake when working in dimly-lit conditions and with greater zoom magnifications. The lens also features a Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating, which helps to reduce surface reflections, lens flare, and ghosting in order to produce imagery that is rich in contrast and clarity.
Complementing the imaging capabilities of the RX100 IV is a sleek body design featuring both an electronic viewfinder and an LCD screen. The 0.39" 2,359k-dot SVGA OLED Tru-Finder has provides a bright, clear means for eye-level viewing. It features a unique pop-up mechanism that helps to maintain the compact form factor of the camera when carrying or if preferring to work with the rear screen. The 3.0" 1,229k-dot Xtra Fine LCD incorporates WhiteMagic technology for easier visibility in bright conditions and its tilting design permits greater usability from high, low, and front-facing angles. Furthermore, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC allows instant image sharing to, as well as remote camera control and monitoring from, linked mobile devices.
20.1 MP 1" Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
UHD 4K Video Recording
Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
Nine aspherical elements, including two AA (advanced aspherical) elements, are incorporated into the lens design to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range to benefit creating sharp, clear imagery. The lens also features a Zeiss T* anti-reflective multi-layered coating to help minimize lens flare and ghosting in order to produce imagery with rich contrast and color neutrality.
Benefitting the 2.9x reach of this lens, as well as supporting working in difficult lighting conditions and with longer shutter speeds, is Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which helps to offset the effects of camera shake. Additionally, a neutral density 0.9 filter is incorporated into the camera's design, which provides a reduction of three stops in exposure to enable working in bright conditions with wider aperture settings and for greater control over how subject movement is rendered.
For intuitive, SLR-like adjustments over a variety of camera settings, a manual control ring surrounds the lens and features a smooth, click-less design for quick and quiet changing of settings. The ring can be assigned to control a variety of features, at different values, such as zoom, aperture, and Picture Effects. A step-zoom feature can be utilized, too, to allow instant switching between commonly used focal lengths.
Super-Speed Anti-Distortion Electronic Shutter
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Additionally, PlayMemories Camera Apps are also supported via the built-in Wi-Fi connection, and allow you to personalize the camera's features depending on specific shooting styles. Apps are available to suit creating portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shot, and other specific types of imagery.