You can capture brilliant 4K video and beautiful stills at depths as great as 200', thanks to the Ikelite 200DLM/B Underwater Housing with TTL Circuitry and Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mk II Camera Body Kit from B&H. Bundling the durable waterproof enclosure with the 20.4MP, mirrorless Micro Four Thirds digital camera, this package gets you well on your way to a photo or video adventure beneath the surface. Once you grab your favorite lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, you'll be ready to start your dive.
Ikelite 200DLM/B Underwater Housing with TTL Circuitry for Olympus O-MD E-M1 Mark II
You can capture sharp, detailed photos and video at depths as great as 200' beneath the surface, thanks to Ikelite's 200DLM/B Underwater Housing with TTL Circuitry for your Olympus O-MD E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless MFT camera. An Ikelite 5-pin sync bulkhead and integrated TTL circuitry enable the connection of optional, external strobes. Ikelite DS flash units can be used in TTL or manual exposure mode, while third-party strobes will work in manual mode.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, afford access to virtually all camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It is light gray/white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. An optional aluminum tray with a quick-release grip handle or two will afford improved balance and handling, while offering a way to attach optional lighting arms.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various, interchangeable dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses. For full compatibility, see the DLM Type B Port Chart.
- Depth rating of 200'
- Made by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White/light gray on front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep camera cool when shooting on or above water's surface
- Clear in back to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain view of camera's rear controls
- Housing alone has slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water; overall buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring, and eliminates need for groove that can trap sand, dirt, and debris, thus enabling for easier maintenance
- Spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port on side of housing allows for easy installation of optional #47012 Vacuum Kit
- Front-loading camera-mounting system makes for quick and easy setup
- Mounting plate enables hassle-free access to battery and memory card
- Two double-passivated, stainless steel locking latches are virtually unbreakable
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Use of optional, external strobe will be extremely helpful once you descend further than 15-20' underwater, except when shooting with color filters on very clear days with bright sunlight
- Strobe restores hues that get absorbed by water, so your images are vibrant and accurate
- Try to stay no more than 3-4' away from subject to preserve natural colors in images
- Ikelite bulkhead with hot shoe connection and integrated TTL circuitry enables reliable electrical triggering of external strobes via sync cords
- Circuit fine-tuned to Olympus O-MD E-M1 Mark II flash exposure protocol, allowing for most accurate exposure possible
- Circuit powered by strobe, so there are no batteries to change and there is no maintenance to be done
- Exposure compensation in TTL mode is supported using camera's built-in control
- Ikelite DS strobes, such as DS50 (above serial number 70000), 51, 125 (above serial number 5000), 160, 161, and 200 (above serial number 7163), are operable in TTL or manual mode
- Third-party strobes, such as those from Sea & Sea, INON, and Nikonos, operable in manual mode only
- Housing provides direct electrical connection to camera's hot shoe
- Cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a lightbulb, and threaded fit prevents accidental detachment during use
- Bulkhead connection has been moved to top of enclosure to keep cords out of the way and reduce strain on ends
- Housing ships without required sync cord and accepts following ones: Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL (#4103.51), Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Dual (#4103.52), Sea & Sea/INON-to-Ikelite Non-TTL (#4118.1), Sea & Sea/INON-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual (#4118.2), Nikonos SB-to-Ikelite Non-TTL (#4116.31), and Nikonos SB-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual (#4116.32)
Controls and Handling
- Large, ergonomic, mechanical push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers are easily operable with or without thick gloves
- Controls afford access to all camera functions except for diopter adjustment control, one-touch white balance button, preview button, and mode dial lock
- Shutter lever is highly sensitive and curved, and can be elongated with optional Trigger Extension #4077.93 to put it well within reach when quick-release handle is attached
- AEL/AFL button accessible via lever placed right by your thumb for quick operation
- Anodized video recording start/stop button is bright red for easy identification
- Other controls located in same configuration as they are on camera, to allow you to take advantage of muscle memory and familiarity you've already developed
- Push-buttons have been redesigned to reduce weight and salt buildup
- Rear control symbols are laser-engraved so as not to peel or fade off with time
- Supplied Supereye Viewfinder offers enhanced view of camera's OVF when seen through dive mask
- Can be removed quickly and easily to enable attachment of optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder #6890 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) #6891.1
- Camera's large, bright LCD monitor visible edge-to-edge through rear of housing
- Two 1/4"-20 threaded mounts on bottom permit attachment to optional aluminum tray with grip handle(s), which supports optional lighting arm(s) for strobe(s) or video light(s)
Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts various, interchangeable dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, wide-angle, and macro lenses
- For full compatibility, see the DLM Port Chart linked above
- Simply press port on and tighten three thumb screws
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Black, Body Only)
Fast, durable, and versatile, the black OM-D E-M1 Mark II from Olympus is a workhorse Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera, offering a broad range of stills and video-minded functionality. Revolving around a high-resolution 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the E-M1 Mark II sports a truly fast 60 fps continuous shooting rate with an electronic shutter, 18 fps with continuous autofocus, and 15 fps with a mechanical shutter. For video shooters, both DCI and UHD 4K recording modes can be used, along with a Time-lapse Movie mode for producing in-camera 4K time-lapse sequences. The sensor and processor also avail a top expanded sensitivity of ISO 25600 to support shooting in difficult lighting conditions, and sensor-shift-type 5-axis image stabilization also helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the sensor's design also incorporates 121 on-chip phase-detection points, all of which are cross-type, along with 121 contrast-detection areas for fast and precise focusing and subject tracking performance.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the E-M1 Mark II also sports a durable magnesium alloy design that is weather-resistant for working in harsh climates. The body also features both a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder and 3.0" 1.04m-dot vari-angle LCD touchscreen for intuitive control and working from a variety of angles. Built-in Wi-Fi further expands sharing and remote shooting capabilities, and dual SD card slots and a USB 3.0 Type C port expand file saving and tethered shooting options.
20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor
DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording and Time-Lapse Movie Mode
In addition to video recording, a Time-lapse Movie mode is also available for recording up to 4K UHD resolution with a 5 fps shooting rate to highlight subject changes or movement over a longer period of time. Full HD and HD time-lapse settings are available, too.
Pro Capture Mode
Dual F.A.S.T. Autofocus and Focus Controls
5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder is available for eye-level monitoring, and an S-OVF (Simulated Optical Viewfinder) mode can be used to expand the live view dynamic range to suit working in bright, contrast-rich lighting.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, as well as making front-facing selfies.
- Magnesium-alloy body design is hermetically-sealed for resistance against dust and moisture to better enable working in harsh environments, as well as freezing temperatures down to 14°F.
- The included FL-LM3 external flash is also dust and splashproof to match the camera's resistance to harsh weather.
- Dual SD memory card slots afford greater flexibility in regard to how files are saved, and also enable a greater overall capacity for longer shooting sessions.
- USB 3.0 Type-C port avails fast connection and transfer speeds, as well as enables tethered shooting capabilities with Olympus Capture.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
Other Camera Features
- High Res Shot Mode offers the equivalent output of a 50MP image by combining eight single JPEG frames, which are recorded within one second, into a single, larger image. In between each of the eight exposures, the sensor-shift stabilization mechanism moves slightly in order to acquire more information than in a single exposure and these frames are then composited into a final JPEG with greater resolution and color detail. The TruePic VIII processor aids this process by compensating for any subject movement blur and this feature can also be configured to record 25MP images for file size flexibility.
- Silent Shutter Mode completely eliminates shutter noise and other electronic sounds to benefit working in nature, concert halls, or other sound-sensitivity locations.
- Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 frames with 1 second to 24-hour exposure intervals.
- In-Camera Focus Stacking will automatically record eight images of a subject while shifting the plane of focus slightly, then composite these exposures into a single frame to exhibit an extended depth of field. Alternatively, Focus Bracketing allows you to record between 3-999 frames with adjustable focus steps in a 1-10 range for manual compositing during post-production. These modes are only available when working with M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro, 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO, 30mm f/3.5 Macro, 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO, 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO, and 300mm f/4 IS PRO lenses.
- Picture Modes: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Underwater, and Art Filters.
- Fourteen different in-camera Art Filters are available, and include Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, and Partial Color, and these modes can be further adjusted through the use of Art Effects, which include a Soft Focus Effect, Pin-Hole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Defocus Effect, B&W Effect (Yellow, Orange, Red, and Green), Picture Tone (Sepia, Blue, Purple, and Green), and Shade Effect (Top & Bottom, Left & Right).
- Keystone Compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view.
- A multi-exposure mode blends two frames using an auto gain to maintain a controlled exposure value.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, Malay, and Thai.