Thanks to the Ikelite TTL Underwater Housing and Panasonic Lumix G7 Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens Kit from B&H, you can capture beautiful photos and brilliant 4K video at depths as great as 200'. This bundle gives you most of what you need to begin your aquatic adventure. Just grab the appropriate Ikelite lens port and you'll be ready to go. It's also recommended that you add a strobe or video light to your system to ensure sufficient illumination and color accuracy at all depths on cloudy days, and at depths beyond 20-30' on clear, sunny days.
Ikelite Underwater Housing with TTL Circuitry for Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G7
Capture images and 4K UHD video at depths up to 200' beneath the surface with Ikelite's Underwater Housing with TTL Circuitry for the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G7 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera. Built-in, proprietary circuitry and an Ikelite bulkhead connector allow for TTL exposure with optional, external Ikelite DS Substrobes. Non-Ikelite strobes are compatible in manual mode.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and a lever, afford access to all camera functions except for the focus mode lever and flash open button. A magnified optical viewfinder provides a clear view of the camera's EVF underwater. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses. For compatibility details, see Port Chart.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are easy to use and virtually unbreakable
- Front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze
- Camera mounting plate allows for easy access to battery and memory card, and features a standard 1/4"-20 mounting point for attachment to an optional tripod topside
- Constructed by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/off-white on front, sides, top, and bottom, but clear in back to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and rear camera controls
- Light gray/off-white color reflects sunlight to keep camera cool when shooting at or above water's surface, and also offers better contrast for improved viewing of camera, monitor, and O-ring seal
- Design eliminates need for O-ring groove or channel that can trap sand, dirt, or debris, while also preventing accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Housing provides direct electrical connection to camera's external hot shoe
- Integrated circuitry and bulkhead sync cord connector enable TTL exposure with optional, external Ikelite DS Substrobes
- Circuit powered by strobe, so there's no maintenance required and no batteries to change
- Exposure compensation in TTL mode supported via camera's built-in control
- SEA & SEA, INON, and Nikonos strobes may be used with required sync cords in manual exposure modes only, but will still benefit from improved battery life and faster recycle times
- Threaded bulkhead connector prevents accidental sync cord detachment during use
- Bulkhead connection has been moved to top of housing to keep cords out of your way and reduce strain on ends
- Due to proximity to lens, camera's built-in flash not suitable for lighting a subject underwater
- In effort to make housing as compact as possible, ability to extend/use camera's flash inside housing was sacrificed--but not to worry, because bulkhead sync cord connection does not require use of camera's flash at all
- To preserve natural colors of subjects and environments in images, try to stay within arm's reach of what you're shooting. The further away you go, the more light is absorbed by water--which acts like a big blue/green filter
Strobe and Cord Compatibility
- Ikelite DS50 (above serial number 70000), DS51, DS125 (above serial number 5000), DS160, DS161, and DS200 (above serial number 7163)
- Various non-Ikelite strobes (Sea & Sea, INON, and Nikonos type) also compatible, though in manual mode only
- Sync Cords:
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Sync Cord 4103.51
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Dual Sync Cord 4103.52
- SEA & SEA / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) 4118.1
- SEA & SEA / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual Sync Cord (Manual) 4118.2
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) 4116.31
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) 4116.32
Controls and Handling
- Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and a lever, enable access to all camera functions except for focus mode lever and flash open button
- Controls are large enough to be operated easily while wearing thick gloves
- Whenever possible, controls located in same configuration as they are on camera to replicate muscle memory and familiarity you've developed with camera
- Control symbols laser-engraved into back of housing won't peel off or fade with time
- Camera's large, bright LCD screen can be viewed edge-to-edge through back of housing
- Housing has a magnified optical viewfinder to provide a clear view of camera's EVF underwater
- Two 1/4"-20 threaded holes on housing bottom enable mounting on optional tray with handles, which provides additional balance/stability and attachment points for optional lighting arms
Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port, and accepts various dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses
- For compatibility details, see Port Chart linked above
- Changing ports is quick and easy--just press on and tighten three thumb screws
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens (Black)
Offering true recording versatility, the black Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 is a true hybrid mirrorless camera that blends 4K UHD video with advanced still capture and burst shooting capabilities. Revolving around a 16 MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor and Venus Engine 9 image processor, the G7 features notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 25600, continuous shooting to 8 fps with single-shot AF, as well as a trio of 30 fps shooting rates based on the 4K UHD video recording. Complementing the fast burst shooting modes is an equally adept DFD autofocus system, which works to quicken focusing speeds and emphasize accurate subject tracking for consistently sharp imagery in fast-paced and trying working conditions. Rounding out the feature-set of the G7 is a contemporary body design accentuated by physical exposure control dials, six customizable function buttons, both a high-resolution EVF and 3.0" tilting touchscreen LCD, and built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing and remote camera control. Bridging the gap between stills and video, the Lumix DMC-G7 pairs these two high-resolution mediums with refined focusing and shooting controls for the utmost in shooting versatility.
Included with the camera body is the well-rounded Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. lens, which provides a 28-84mm equivalent focal length range to cover wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives. An Optical Image Stabilizer compensates for camera shake for sharper handheld shooting while a pair of aspherical elements help to minimize the overall lens size and maintain a high degree of sharpness and clarity throughout the zoom range.
16 MP Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine 9
The sensor and processor combination also helps to ensure notable image quality through the use of accurate white balance settings, Live TTL direct exposure metering, and intelligent NR (Noise Reduction) control for clean, natural imagery. Additionally, the Venus Engine 9 aids in reducing image blur caused by diffraction using electronic adjustment to automatically sharpen edges for clearer results when photographing with smaller aperture sizes.
4K UHD Video Recording
A built-in stereo microphone can be used during recordings, and features an integrated wind-cut filter, or an optional external microphone can be utilized via the 3.5mm jack for even clearer sound.
4K Photo Modes
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8 MP images at 30 fps for up to 29 min. 59 sec., making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8 MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8 MP frame.
When using any of the 4K Photo modes, you are afforded complete exposure control using the PSAM dial in order to base metering results and exposure configurations on your own shooting needs.
Depth-From-Defocus AF Technology
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as depth of field distances.
Body Design and Wi-Fi
For greater versatility when shooting, both a high-resolution electronic viewfinder and rear LCD monitor are available. The 2.36m-dot OLED Live View Finder features a 10,000:1 contrast ratio for bright, accurate viewing of scenes, even in difficult lighting. The 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD features a static touchscreen design for intuitive navigation and control, as well as a vari-angle design for easier working from high and low angles.
Rounding out the handling capabilities, the G7 also features built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for wirelessly sharing images and remotely controlling the camera from a linked mobile device using the Panasonic Image App. Connection is simplified using a QR code system to pair the smartphone or tablet with the camera.
Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. Lens
Other Camera Features
- An electronic shutter function affords both a high top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. as well as silent operation for quick, inconspicuous shooting.
- UHS-II SDHC/SDXC memory cards are supported in order to benefit the high-resolution, data-intensive 4K movie and raw burst shooting workflows.
- An Electronic Level Gauge can be used to help ensure level horizons and plumb verticals.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) automatically composites several images of varying exposures in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details and an extensive middle range of tones.
- A built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for photographing in difficult lighting conditions, and features a guide number of 20.3' at ISO 100.
- A Panorama mode automatically stitches together multiple images in order to realize one wide-spanning horizontal or vertical image.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D, and Cinelike V.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- Language support: English, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese (Traditional).