The EQ84 from Overloud is a 6-band, semi-parametric equalizer plug-in simulating the Neve 1084, a coveted, discrete Class A British EQ from the 1970s. The plug-in is designed for standalone and DAW use on instruments and mix buses by mixing and mastering engineers, producers, and electronic musicians.
All components of the original EQ circuit, including the transformers, have been modeled. Simulations of the line and mic preamplifiers are included, providing the ability to drive the input section for increased harmonic saturation. Using proprietary, non-oversampling DSP technology, the hardware unit’s original frequency response has been reproduced without phase distortion, even near the Nyquist frequency.
The EQ84 includes features not found on the original analog hardware EQ. The plug-in has an additional mid band, making a total of six EQ bands (two shelving, two peaking, one high cut, and one low cut). Each band offers continuous frequency selection and a solo function. The two mid bands provide switchable low- or high-Q.
Low CPU usage and compatibility with multiple DAWs make the EQ84 ideal for modern workflows.
- Models coveted, discrete Class A British equalizer from the 1970s
- Adds features not found on the original analog hardware EQ
- Six bands of EQ: two shelving, two peaking, one high cut, one low cut
- Per-band solo function for auditioning different parts of frequency spectrum
- Continuous frequency selection
- Up to 16 dB of boost/cut on shelving and peaking bands
- 18 dB/octave slopes for high- and low-cut filters
- Mic/line preamp simulation
- Simulates all transformers of original unit
- Low CPU usage
- Proprietary DSP technology yields no phase distortion
- Multilevel undo and redo
- A/B comparison
- Built-in preset manager
- On/off buttons for each EQ band
- EQ bypass allows the plug-in to be used strictly for preamp transformer and saturation modeling
- Phase switch
- Audio Units, VST, AAX
- Mac OS X, Windows