The Battalion from Electro-Harmonix is an all-analog bass preamp and DI pedal designed to deliver the processors and functions most commonly used by bassists in live sound and recording. In addition to the preamp and DI, it offers distortion, equalization, compression, and gating.
A selectable 10 dB pad allows you to avoid input clipping, a common concern when using basses with active pickups. The built-in DI box has an XLR output with variable level. The XLR output can follow the bypass status or remain active even when the pedal is bypassed. The EQ has four bands with fixed frequencies. The distortion circuit provides multiple routing options and controls, plus a dedicated on/off footswitch. Separate 1/4” outputs allow simultaneous routing of dry and processed signals. Activate the ground-lift switch to minimize hum from ground loops.
The Battalion features true bypass switching. Its LEDs indicate on/off status for compressor, distortion, and bypass functions. Power is supplied via the included 9.6 VDC adapter.
- 4-band EQ
- Distortion circuit with variable drive, tone, and level
- Mix distortion with dry signal via Blend knob
- Distortion routing option #1: Compressor to distortion to EQ
- Distortion routing option #2: Compressor to EQ to distortion
- Distortion routing option #3: Compressor split to distortion and EQ
- Selectable compressor with adjustable ratio
- Gate with variable threshold
- Built-in DI with XLR output and adjustable output level
- Master output level control
- 10 dB pad
- 1/4" input
- 1/4" output for dry signal
- 1/4" output for processed signal
- True bypass
- LED on/off status indicators for compressor, distortion, and bypass
- Ground-lift switch
- Includes 9.6 VDC power supply