Designed for electric and acoustic guitarists, Line 6's Spider V 240HC is a stereo amplifier, which models classic amp heads, cabinets, and effects, providing them all in one package. You’ll find 78 emulated amps, 23 modeled cabinets, and 101 separate effects built into this 240W amplifier (offering 120W per side).
The amplifier sports a 2x4" speaker cabinet for practing without an external cabinet. At gigs, the amp pairs nicely with the Spider V 4x12" cabinet, through which you can utilize all of the 240HC's built-in cab emulations. However, the unit also interfaces with other, non-emulative 4x12 cabinets. Should you wish to use cabinets that boast their own desired tonal characteristics, you can switch off cabinet modeling by means of a toggle on its rear panel.
In addition to the guitar input, you’ll note the 3.5mm line input for routing your favorite tunes from smartphones or music players. Two 1/4" jacks provide speaker connections to external cabinets, and the amplifier runs at 4 Ohms in mono or 8 Ohms in stereo. A 1/4" headphone jack, which mutes the speaker, allows for silent practice. Dual XLR jacks on the rear panel let you record analog audio straight to your recording interface, or to route sound from the amp directly to the house, thereby obviating the need for miking your amp on stage. However, if you want to record digitally, you can do so through one of the USB ports provided on the rear of the amplifier. These ports also double as inputs for your iOS or Android device and Mac or Windows computer.
For practicing purposes, a metronome and a tuner are offered, as are drum loops recorded by real drummers. An onboard phrase looper allows you to accompany yourself soloing. The amp provides a compliment of over 120 presets, many of which recreate the tones of famous guitarists, albums, and songs. You’re also given four user preset slots. Tweaking your effects and tone is as easy as cranking five knobs and navigating an intuitive LCD display.
If you have a Line 6 FBV pedal, you can connect it via Line 6’s proprietary FBV input jack. Once hooked up, you can switch models and manipulate effects with your feet. A wireless receiver is built into the amplifier, making wireless connection using the Relay G10T transmitter (available separately) a cinch. A mobile app for sharing and perusing through custom tones has been included, as has as Cubase LE, a DAW that allows you to record, flesh out, and mix your ideas on your computer.
Over 120 Presets
Compatible with FBV Controllers
Suitable for Acoustic Guitars
Built-in Practice Tools
Built-In Wireless Receiver
Cubase LE Included
Key Features at a Glance
- Over 200 modeled amps, cabs, and effects
- Stereo 2x4" cabinet
- Pairs well with Line 6 4x12 cabinets or speaker cabs of other manufacturers
- Full range speaker system that delivers excellent tone for electric guitar, acoustic guitars, and music playback
- 8 simultaneous effects including 3 Smart FX
- Enhanced presets for acoustic guitars
- FBV Pedal support for Line 6 FBV 3, FBV Shortboard MkII, FBV2, and FBV Express MkII pedals (available separately)
- Built-in tuner, metronome, and drum loops
- Built-in Line 6 Relay wireless receiver, compatible with Relay G10T Transmitters (available separately)
- Dual XLR outputs for recording or routing signal to the house PA/mixer
- USB Audio Interface playback with Mac or Windows and iOS or Android
- Upgradeable firmware using Line 6 Updater for Mac and Windows, or Spider Remote app for iOS and Android
- Connect iOS devices directly with a standard Lightning cable
- Stereo headphone output
- 3.5mm input for MP3 or other audio sources
- 2 x 1/4" outputs for external speakers
- Built-in four-way speaker system that switches to high-frequency mode when an external 4x12 cabinet is connected