Offering extraordinary output for its size, the Nitecore Concept 1 Flashlight performs like a full-size torch, yet takes up barely any space and weighs just over 2 ounces. Its top setting is a blazing 1800 lumens, and it will run on its lowest setting for 300 hours on one rechargeable 18650 battery. The single metal side switch provides access to five output levels plus disorientating strobe and a location beacon. In General mode, three taps of the switch takes you straight to turbo, while in tactical mode, the same three taps activates the strobe. The C1's beam is smooth and steady thanks to its constant current circuit technology, which avoids the flicker often experienced with lights using pulse width management (PWM).
The LED serves as a battery power indicator, reporting voltage with a series of blinks each time a battery is inserted, so you won't be caught off-guard by a depleted cell. As you might expect with such a high-powered light, there is protection from overheating in the form of Nitecore's Advanced Temperature Regulation feature, which maintains stable performance and extends the light's lifespan.
A magnetic tailcap allows the light to be attached to any metal surface for hands-free use, and the stainless steel clip assures is stays put in your pocket or pack. Rated IPX8, the C1 is submersible to 6.6' and impact-resistant to 4.9'. It can be powered by one 18650 or IMR18650 or two CR123 batteries.
- Turbo: 1800 lumens
- High: 810 lumens
- Mid: 300 lumens
- Low: 80 lumens
- Ultra-low: 1 lumen
- White Cree XHP35 HD E2 LED
- Location beacon
- Disorienting strobe
- Advanced Temperature Regulation avoids overheating
- Constant current circuit for smooth, no-flicker beam
- Remembers last output level
- LED serves as battery power indicator
- Location: Side
- Type: Push button
- Press and hold from Standby to cycle through output levels
- Three clicks from Standby activates Turbo (General mode) or Strobe (Tactical mode)
- Two clicks from Standby activates ultra-low power setting
- Aluminum alloy housing
- Type III hard-anodized finish
- Knurled grip surface
- IPX8-rated: Waterproof to 6.6'
- Impact-resistant to 4.9'
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Reverse polarity protection
- Removable clip
- Magnetic tailcap for hands-free use