The 150 x 150mm Natural Night Light Pollution Filter from NiSi is an essential tool for night scenes and astrophotography. Light pollution occurs in areas of the night sky that are above or near concentrated and intense sources of artificial light such as cities. This filter corrects color distortion caused by undesirable wavelengths of light that pollute the night sky caused by mercury vapor, sodium, low CRI streetlights, and more. The glow from these sources can keep a camera from rendering the sky properly and impact your astrophotography and night images. Natural Night Filters block the most common wavelengths of light pollution by blocking the yellow light frequencies to render neutral, natural tones.
Made of high-quality, precision annealed, finely-ground and polished optical glass, this filter features NiSi's unique NANO Coating technology. This multilayered coating reduces reflection on the surface of the filter to help with ghosting and flare. There is also a resistance coating that protects against scratches and abrasions while making it easy to wipe off water, dust, and oil.
This 150 x 150mm filter is compatible with the NiSi 150mm filter system and other filter holders that accept filters measuring 150mm wide and 2mm thick.
- Reduces the appearance of night sky light pollution in images with illumination from artificial light sources
- Blocks yellow light from sodium-vapor lamps, mercury-vapor lamps, or low Color Rendering Index LEDs
- Enhances the visibility of astronomical objects with less glare and improved contrast
- Approximately 1-stop light reduction
- Optical glass construction Nano coating for increased light transmission and reduced glare Resistance coating makes it easy to wipe off water, dust, and oil, and adds protection from scratches and abrasions
- Padded pouch included