The Jensen Transformers Iso-Max PI-XX is a passive, single-channel line-input isolator which prevents and eliminates hum and buzz by isolating the input of the connected device. It also attenuates electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) problems, making it an ideal tool for use in recording studios, broadcast houses or performance venues.
The PI-XX features a high-performance Jensen transformer with internal Faraday shield, which provides galvanic isolation between the input and output to eliminate ground loops and reduce common-mode noise by as much as 124 dB. The unit delivers a flat frequency-response from 5 Hz to 40 kHz, and can withstand signals in excess of +19 dB at 20 Hz, without introducing distortion, phase shift or artifact of any kind.
Easy to set up, with no power required, the PI-XX features gold-plated XLR input/output connectors for applications with balanced audio systems. The device is equipped with a rugged, extruded aluminum case and is well-suited to stand up to the rigors of live use.
- Passive, single-channel line-input isolator
- Isolates the input of the connected device
- Connects between the source and the input destination to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Reduces electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) problems
- Jensen high-performance transformer with internal Faraday shield improve rejection of high-frequency buzz by a factor of 100 to 1000 (40 dB to 60 dB) over traditional transformers
- Works without introducing distortion, phase shift or artifact of any kind
- Ruler-flat frequency response from 5 Hz to 40 kHz
- Handles signals in excess of +19 dB at 20 Hz, without discernible distortion
- Rejects noise by as much as 124 dB
- Standard, gold-plated 3-pin XLR-female input and XLR-male output connectors
- Rugged, extruded aluminum case
- Plug-and-play, easy to use, no power required