The Jensen Transformers Iso-Max PI-2XX is a passive, 2-channel line-input isolator which prevents and eliminates hum and buzz by isolating the input of the connected device. It also attenuates electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) problems, making it an ideal tool for use in recording studios, broadcast houses or performance venues.
The PI-2XX features a pair of high-performance Jensen transformers with internal Faraday shields, which eliminate ground loops and reduce common-mode noise by as much as 124 dB. An 8-position DIP switch lets you optimize grounding and RF filtering to suit your specific installation needs. The unit delivers a flat frequency-response from 5 Hz to 40 kHz, and can withstand signals in excess of +19 dB at 20 Hz, without discernible distortion.
Easy to set up, with no power required, the PI-2XX comes with a removable screw-down barrier strip for quick installation in NEMA enclosures and 19" racks. It features gold-plated XLR input/output connectors, for applications with balanced audio systems. The device is equipped with a rugged, flanged-steel enclosure and is well-suited to stand up to the rigors of live use.
- Passive, two-channel line-input isolator
- Isolates the input of the connected device
- Connects between the source and the input destination to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Reduces electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) problems
- Two Jensen high-performance transformers with internal Faraday shields improve rejection of high-frequency buzz by a factor of 100 to 1000 (40 dB to 60 dB) over traditional transformers
- Ruler-flat frequency-response from 5 Hz to 40 kHz
- Handles signals in excess of +19 dB at 20 Hz, without discernible distortion
- Rejects noise by as much as 124 dB
- 8-position DIP switch lets you optimize grounding and RF filtering to suit your specific installation needs
- Removable, screw-down barrier strip for easy installation in NEMA enclosures and 19” racks
- Standard, gold-plated 3-pin XLR-female input and XLR-male output connectors
- Rugged, flanged-steel enclosure
- Plug-and-play, easy to use, no power required