The Jensen Transformers Iso-Max SP-2SX is a 2-channel, "speaker-to-line-level" converter designed to convert a high-power signal from the output of an audio amplifier to a +4 dB, balanced line-level signal. It presents engineers with a range of solutions to expand existing audio systems without having to run additional line-level signals throughout a facility.
The SP-2SX features two Jensen high-performance transformers that provide galvanic isolation between the input and output, to reduce hum and buzz caused by ground loops, and eliminate issues with "bridged" and "Class-D" power amp outputs. The unit delivers a flat frequency-response from 5 Hz to 20 kHz, and can withstand signals in excess of +19 dBu down to 20 Hz, without discernible distortion. The converter offers a series of input pad DIP switches that let you select the range to suit various power amps, including 25V and 70V line driver types.
Easy to set up, with no power required, the SP-2SX comes with a removable screw-down barrier strip for quick installation in NEMA enclosures and 19" racks. The device is equipped with Speakon input connectors, gold-plated XLR output connectors, and a rugged, flanged-steel enclosure that is well-suited to stand up to the rigors of the road.
- Converts high-power signals from an audio amplifier output to +4 dB (nominal) balanced line level signals
- Use to expand existing systems without having to run additional line-level signals throughout facility
- Passive, 2-channel
- Two Jensen high-performance transformers provide galvanic isolation between the input and output
- Eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Ruler-flat frequency-response from 5 Hz to 20 kHz
- Handles signals in excess of +19 dBu at 20 Hz, without discernible distortion
- Input pad DIP switches let you select range to suit various power amps at 25W, 75W, 250W, 750W (maximum into 8 Ohms)
- Removable screw-down barrier strip for easy installation in NEMA enclosures and 19" racks
- Speakon input connectors, gold-plated 3-pin XLR-male input connectors
- Rugged, flanged-steel enclosure
- Plug-and-play, easy to use, no power required