Ideal for the trail or boat, the Sun Optics' 8x40 WP Porro Prism Binocular steps up the magnification and objective diameter from their smaller model in the series to bring subjects a little closer, make images brighter, and to provide a larger field of view, without the added bulk or weight of larger optics.
It utilizes a traditional Porro prism optical path with fully multi-coated optics and a wide viewing angle to present users with bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color rendition and a rich depth of field, for a truly immersive experience. Its wide viewing angle, coupled with a comfortable exit pupil and long eye relief, helps to minimize the disorientation often felt by boaters when glassing on rolling or pitching water.
Complementing the optical performance is a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy chassis that is wrapped in a protective slip-resistant armor. Raised palm-pads improve grip comfort and grip security. Each optical tube is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperatures and environmental conditions.
- 8x magnification
- 40mm objective lenses
- Traditional Porro prism optical path provides a rich depth of field
- Fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission for improved color rendition, clarity, and contrast
- Wide 66° apparent angle of view
- 436' field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Large textured and rubberized center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- ±2 right-eye dioptric correction
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Comfortable 5mm exit pupil completely covers most fully-dilated pupils in low-light to avoid vignetting of the view
- Long 19.2mm eye relief
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy chassis
- Protective slip-resistant rubber armor, with glare-reducing matte finish
- Raised palm-pads improves grip comfort and security
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes or environmental conditions
- Weight: 29 ounces