With a broad zoom range and large objectives, the Sun Optics' 8-24x50 Porro Prism Binoculars allow users to enjoy a wide field of view and large exit pupils at low power, with the ability to zoom all the way in to observe and identify targets at long-range. The large objectives and wide exit pupil at 8x is ideal for challenging light conditions such as dawn and dusk when maximum light gathering ability and full coverage of fully dilated pupils are important.
They utilize a traditional Porro prism optical path with fully multi-coated optics and a wide viewing angle to provide users with bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color rendition and a rich depth of field, for a truly immersive experience.
Complementing the optical performance is a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy chassis that is wrapped in a protective slip-resistant armor. Raised palm-pads improve grip comfort and grip security. Each optical tube is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperatures and environmental conditions.
- Wide 8-24x zoom magnification
- Large 50mm objective lenses
- Traditional Porro prism optical path provides a rich depth of field
- Fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission for improved color rendition, clarity, and contrast
- 236' field of view at 1000 yards, on 8x magnification
Use and Handling
- Ergonomically-placed zoom lever near right eyepiece
- Large textured and rubberized center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- ±2 right-eye dioptric correction
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 13mm eye relief
- 6.25mm (8x) to 2.1mm (24x) exit pupil
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy chassis
- Protective slip-resistant rubber armor, with glare-reducing matte finish
- Raised palm-pads improves grip comfort and security
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes or environmental conditions
- Weight: 30 ounces