The nickel Shure AD2/KSM9HSN is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with Axient Digital series receivers.
The AD2/KSM9HSN comes equipped with a dual-diaphragm KSM9HS condenser capsule that captures sonic nuances with superior detail, delivering precise vocal reproduction for high-end live performances. The KSM9HS capsule offers two switchable polar patterns to provide FOH engineers with more choices in dealing with varying environments or the microphone techniques of different performers. The hypercardioid pattern offers excellent off-axis rejection and extended gain before feedback, making it an ideal choice in loud environments. The subcardioid pattern provides a wide coverage angle with subtle off axis-rejection, resulting in a natural sound and minimized proximity effect.
The transmitter operates in a single 146 MHz ultrawide UHF bandwidth with selectable 2/10/35mW RF output power and a transmission range up to 330'. It provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries and up to 9 hours with an SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery (available separately).
With a durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight aluminum case, the AD2/KSM9HSN transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options, making it ideal for high-profile, sound-reinforcement applications.
Interchangeable Design with KSM9HS Capsule
- The KSM9HS capsule with dual 3/4” gold-layered, low-mass Mylar diaphragms provides a consistent frequency response.
- The mic features a Class-A, discrete transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, and no crossover distortion.
- The integrated three-stage "pop" protection grille reduces plosives, wind, and other breath noise.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the KSM9HS capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM8, SM58, Beta 58A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C capsules, and more..
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Automatic Gain adjusts the mic input level for you.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- Offset function lets you balance mic levels when assigning multiple transmitters to a single receiver slot. Adjustment range: -12 to +21 dB.
- 2/10/35mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and High-Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Optional SB900A rechargeable battery offers intelligent power management with precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging.
- SBC220 two-bay and SBC840 eight-bay networked chargers (both available separately) allow for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.