The Shure AD2/VP68 is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with Axient Digital series receivers.
The AD2/VP68 comes equipped with a VP68 condenser capsule that delivers a natural sound optimized for speech intelligibility. The capsule's omnidirectional polar pattern ensures that the sound remains consistent, even when moving the mic between speakers.
The transmitter operates in a single 146 MHz ultrawide UHF bandwidth with selectable 2/10/35mW RF output power and a transmission range up to 330'. It provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries and up to 9 hours with an SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery (available separately).
With a durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight aluminum case, the AD2/VP68 transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options, making it ideal for high-profile, sound-reinforcement applications.
- The VP68 offers excellent clarity for both on-axis and off-axis audio, requiring minimal positioning toward the sound source.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the VP68 capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM9, KSM8, SM58, Beta 87A, Beta 87C capsules, and more.
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Automatic Gain adjusts the mic input level for you.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- Offset function lets you balance mic levels when assigning multiple transmitters to a single receiver slot. Adjustment range: -12 to +21 dB.
- 2/10/35mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and High-Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage.
- Optional SB900A rechargeable battery offers intelligent power management with precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging.
- SBC220 two-bay and SBC840 eight-bay networked chargers (both available separately) allow for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.