Unlike many white-light solar filters that produce views of the sun with a red-orange, bluish, or yellow tint, the Alpine Astronomical 150mm Baader AstroSolar White-Light Solar Filter reveals the sun in its natural white color to show more surface details with greater clarity. The filter is mounted onto a clear-white IR-rejecting plastic ring, which acts as a stabilizing element for the filter cell, and the ring is in turn mounted onto the aluminum front frame. The thermal expansion coefficient of the plastic and the film are similar to minimize thermal stress on the film for increased resistance to developing pinholes or tears.
With the ability to be installed on the outside or inside of a dew shield or lens, this filter provides a safe way to view the sun through spotting scopes and telescopes, or to capture images through a camera lens. Recommended for apertures of 140-160mm, the filter is engineered with three centering bolts that can fit housings, dew shields, or lenses with an outside diameter of 168-198mm, or an inside diameter of 188-218mm (if inside mounting is possible).
- Use with magnifications up to 120x power
- For the correct fit, measure the outside or inside diameter of the dew shield/lens housing - including hardware like retaining rings and screw heads - and choose the size that matches the measurement with some extra room
- Recommended for 140-160mm apertures
- 188-218mm inside diameter
- 168-198mm outside diameter