Characterized by its sleek form factor, the Wide Compact WRC-400 from Cambo is a technical view camera designed for use with WTS/WDS lens panels as well as SLW rear digital back interface adapters. While portability is the main asset of this camera, it also retains several functions of the larger Wide-series of cameras, including geared shift on one axis, six built-in spirit levels, and accessory mounts on all four sides for mounting optional handgrips, viewfinders, a compendium shade, or an iPhone holder. A removable tripod mount is also included, which incorporates both a 3/8"-16 and 1/4"-20 mounts for versatility. Blending small size with functionality, this camera offers both the opportunity to use perspective control movements along with a portable form factor for travel and location use.
This single axis movement is controlled via an accelerated gear drive and an index scale in millimeters is printed on the side of the camera for precise, repeatable movements. By limiting the movement range to a single axis, the overall camera weight and size can be reduced compared to other Wide-series cameras.
Additionally, the Wide Compact is also compatible with WTS lens panels to gain tilt and swing adjustment on the lens plane for more control over focus and depth of field.
- Compact, lightweight body is constructed from aluminum alloy.
- All four sides of the camera body support the Wide accessory system, allowing for the attachment of one or two optional handgrips, an optical viewfinder, an iPhone holder, or a compendium shade. The included tripod mount can also be re-positioned on any of the four sides for shooting and mounting versatility.
- Six built-in spirit levels are featured to help achieve level images regardless of the shooting orientation.
- Removable cable release is included.
- Compatible with SLW rear interface places for working with a range of digital back types. Also compatible with the WRS-1068 Roll Film Adapter for working with a Mamiya RB67 roll film back.
- Supports both WTS and WDS lens plate types.