The Azden SGM-250CX is a short-length, compact shotgun microphone that easily mounts on cinema and mirrorless cameras, for film, documentary, interview or broadcast applications. Specifically tuned to preserve the natural qualities of a speaking subject, it features a supercardioid polar pattern and a custom-designed acoustic tube with high-precision phase-canceling slots that minimize the recording of extraneous noise while focusing on the sound in front of the camera.
The SGM-250CX is equipped with an electret condenser capsule that is powered by standard 48V phantom power. The highly sensitive capsule delivers a flat frequency-response (20 Hz to 20 kHz) with low self-noise and 130 dB SPL, for accurate audio capture.
Handcrafted in Japan, the SGM-250CX is housed in a brass/aluminum alloy case that improves durability and rejects ambient radio frequencies (RF). The mic comes with a 13"-long, hardwired XLR mic cable for convenient connection to a camera's microphone input. Included are a foam windscreen, and an SMH-X shockmount with two diameter expander sheets that provide a secure hold for your mic, whether you run-and-gun, mount it to a pistol grip or to a boompole.
- Short length and compact design ideal for mounting on cinema and mirrorless cameras
- Specifically tuned to preserve the natural qualities of a speaking subject
- Supercardioid polar pattern with narrow pickup area, provides enhanced directionality for isolating dialog from ambient noise
- Electret condenser microphone element delivers high sensitivity and low self-noise, for clear recording of quiet sounds
- Custom-designed acoustic tube with high-precision phase-canceling slots
- Powered by standard 48 VDC phantom power
- Flat frequency-response for accurate audio capture – 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Wide dynamic range allows for capturing sounds at up to 112 dB, without distortion
- Brass/aluminum alloy case for improved durability and rejection of ambient RF
- Gold-plated, 3-pin XLR output connector with 13" hardwired cable extension – connects to camera microphone inputs
- Includes SMH-X shockmount – compatible with standard-size camera shoe slots, as well as 1/4-20-threaded boompoles and tripods
- Includes two diameter expander sheets with adhesive backing – wrap around the base of the microphone to allow for a secure fit in ring-clamps with diameter larger than 0.82"
- Includes foam windscreen and carry pouch
- Handcrafted in Japan