Designed for creative singers and singer/songwriters, the TC-Helicon PERFORM-VE is a vocal processor that sits on your mic stand. It combines creative tonal effects, looping, and a methodology TC-Helicon calls Vocal Sample Synthesis to automatically keymap samples of your own voice to any compatible keyboard.
With the PERFORM-VE, you can create octavized harmonies, tune your vocals (subtly or in the manner of T-Pain—the choice is yours), slap on ring modulation, slice up phrases with stutter, and apply ambiance, all through large, clearly marked buttons. Many of these buttons house more than one parameter; lean your finger to different corners of the button, and you'll be able to tweak a variety of different controls. With the MORPH button, you can shift the apparent gender of your voice and more, while the subtler Adaptive Tone circuit automatically applies musical compression, gating, de-essing, and EQ to your signal.
A clearly visible, four-color light ring helps makes editing timbres on the fly a simple affair, and once you’ve tailored the sound to your liking you can recall it any time with dedicated buttons for that express purpose. The large LOOPER button lets you create repeating soundbeds, and what's more, gives you the ability to layer in kicks and snares, thereby adding a percussive backbone to your loops.
Hooked into a keyboard with the appropriate routing setup, you can record vocals straight to the machine and then replay them with your fingers on the keyboard, creating the kind of synthesized vocal pads typified by artists such as Imogen Heap or Bon Iver—though it’s just as easy to make your own individualized mark as well. All the built-in effects, in all their tweakable convenience, ensure an eminently customizable tone. The unit provides up to eight MIDI-controllable synth voices, while also giving you a ninth lead voice that can play in unison with your vocal in real time, giving it more of an electronic bent.
Since the PERFORM-VE can receive MIDI tempo from external devices, you’ll always be in sync with your host sequencer. Finally, the unit functions as a multichannel USB interface, letting you record audio, or play prerecorded audio from your own studio setup.
- Sample your voice, flatten the pitch, and replay via MIDI control
- 1-button looper with built-in drum samples lets you build sounds quickly
- Shift, modulate, and mangle your vocals with synth vocoder effect
- Receive MIDI tempo from external devices to keep everything in sync
- 2-oscillator virtual analog synth vocoder generates up to eight MIDI-controlled voices, as well as a ninth lead-synth voice sounding in unison with your vocal
- Adaptive Tone for musical EQ, compression, de-essing, and gating
- High-quality, low-noise mic preamp
- USB for streaming audio, downloading presets, and installing firmware updates
- Included PERFORM-VE app for your iOS or Android device allows for more complex sounds
- Built-in RoomSense microphone works as a vocal input and comes in handy for practicing with headphones
- Compatible with Switch 3 or Switch 6 accessory pedals (available separately)
- Compatible with the separately available TC-Helicon MP-75 or MP-76 microphones, which control many facets of the PERFORM-VE from the mic itself
- Designed and engineered in Canada
Controls at a Glance
- SET Button: This button provides intelligent input gain for a quick setup
- DOUBLE Button: Choose from a variety of vocal-doubling sounds
- MORPH Button: Morph the pitch and gender of your voice in real time
- HARDTUNE Button: Go for that classic “hard-tuned” sound with this control
- HEADPHONE Button: Monitor your performance with a dedicated headphone output
- LOOPER Button: Loop phrases quickly, adding in built-in drum samples as you see fit
- STORAGE Buttons: Store your favorite three vocal sounds as presets
- XFX Button: Process your vocals through modulation and stutter effects here
- ECHO Button: Create space with different styles of echo and reverb, automatically synced to tempo
- FILTER Button: Add grit and tonal shaping with this pad
- SAMPLE Button: The Vocal Sample Synthesis engine lets you turn your voice into a playable instrument controllable via MIDI