A solution for ID card printing, the ZXP Series 9 Dual-Sided Printer from Zebra uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer processes to achieve 304 dpi color images. It first places the image onto a transfer film and then transfers that image onto the ID card, allowing for efficient printing that retains image quality. This printer applies film on both sides of the card in a single pass to achieve speeds of up to 180 cards per hour when set to average print coverage. It also uses standard size CR-80 cards, printing over-the-edge to ensure that there are no visible borders on any side.
A dual-sided lamination module is included with this version and can be used to increase the durability of your card and protect it against fading or scratches. The card feeder is used for input and holds approximately 150 cards at a time, while the output hopper on the side of the printer provides a 100-card capacity. A six-line LCD screen displays information about the printer and can be controlled via three buttons placed below it. Additional features include Kensington lock capability for those who want added security, as well as USB 2.0 and Ethernet connectivity.
- Double-sided printing with retransfer technology allows for speeds up to 180 cards/hour without losing image quality
- Over-the-edge printing ensures that there are no white borders at the edges of the card
- Dual-sided lamination module increases the durability of your cards and can help avoid counterfeiting with the use of holographic films
- Six-line LCD display with three buttons offers options for viewing printer information and printing the last job stored in memory
- Works with the CR-80 (ID-1) card size, the standard size for most financial and ID cards
- Available ribbons include options with inhibitor panels and UV fluorescent panels
- Slot for Kensington lock if additional security is needed
- Uses Windows-certified drivers compatible with Windows 2008, 2012, 7, 8, and 10