This Schneider Rain Deflector Filter is designed for use in motorized, motion-picture camera rain deflector systems that utilize a 8.455" diameter, 0.125"-thick, clear filter.
When placed within a compatible rain defector system that is positioned in front of a motion-picture camera lens, the Schneider 8.455" Rain Deflector Filter can be rotated at high speeds. This high-speed rotation creates a centrifugal, vacuum effect which immediately removes rain or snow that comes into contact with the filter's front surface. Film or video footage can then be obtained under inclement weather without having to stop the motion-picture camera for periodic cleaning of the lens in use.
Constructed from water white optical glass for clarity and color fidelity, this filter is unmounted for use in third-party or custom mounting rings and is laminated for shatter-resistance.
- For use in motorized, motion-picture camera rain deflector systems
- Unmounted for use in third-party or custom mounting rings
- 8.455" in diameter, 0.125" thick
- Does not require adjustments to exposure while in use
- Creates no additional coloration or contrast
- Can be rotated at high speeds to create a centrifugal, vacuum effect which immediately removes rain or snow that comes into contact with the filter's front surface
- Constructed from water white glass for optical clarity and color fidelity
- Non-coated and laminated for shatter-resistance