This Garner kit bundles together the HD-3WXL Degausser, PD-5 Hard Drive Destroyer, and the SCAN-1 Report System. The high-speed, high-volume HD-3WXL Hard Drive and Tape Degausser features a speedy 9-second complete erasure time, and accepts drives up to 1.7" high. Document the erasure of your data using the included SCAN-1 Report system, complete with scanner, and report-generator software (download).
The NSA-listed PD-5 Destroyer offers another level of data destruction, crushing hard drives with 15,500 pounds of force. Suitable for laptop, standard, and full-height hard drives, the PD-5 has an under 18-second crushing cycle, and accepts drives up to 2.25" in height.
Garner Hard Drive Degausser, Model HD-3 (110-125 VAC, 50/60 Hz)
The compact HD-3WXL Hard Drive and Tape Degausser from Garner is a high-volume and high-speed degausser featuring a 0.93 Tesla (9,300 gauss) field, and a nine-second complete erasure time. Suitable for hard drives up to 1.7" high, and for multiple tape formats, the HD-3WXL erases up to 360 drives (3.5") or tapes per hour. An internal field-checker ensures the complete erasure of sensitive data on your drives and tapes.
Powered using a standard wall outlet, the HD-3WXL Degausser accommodates a wide variety of hard-drive and tape formats. Use the included SCAN-1 barcode scanner with its downloadable software to generate detailed, audit-compatible media destruction reports.
- Compact form factor with exit slide
- SCAN-1 media-destruction report generator with barcode scanner
- 9-second erasure time
- Erases up to 360 drives (3.5") or tapes per hour
- Accommodates hard drives up to 1.7" high, and a wide variety of tape formats
- Continuous-duty cycle
- Internal verification, LCD display screen
Certifications / Listings
Garner PD-5 High-Capacity Hard Drive Destroyer
The Garner PD-5 Hard Drive Destroyer uses 15,500 pounds of crushing power to physically destroy hard drives containing your sensitive data. This powerful, high-speed, destroyer bends, breaks, and mangles hard drives, including data platters and other internal components, thwarting data recovery. The PD-5 is software-independent, destroying up to eight laptop-, two standard-, or one full-height hard drive per cycle. Drives are destroyed in 18 seconds or less, meeting NSA emergency-destruction guidelines.
The Garner PD-5 Destroyer automatically senses the inserted media type, and can run continuously without cooling down between cycles. Its office-friendly design is quiet, free of hydraulic fluid, and offers push-button operation with an LCD display screen. The optional SSD-1 accessory destroyer expands the PD-5's range to include solid-state drives, including laptop SSDs, solid-state hybrid drives (SSHDs), flash, compact flash, thumb, and other USB drives (SSD-1 not included).
- NSA/CSS Evaluated Products List (EPL) for Hard Drive Bending Devices
- California Senate Bill 1386
- DOD Emergency Destruction Guidelines
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media
- NIST SP 800-36
- NIST SP 800-88r1
- NSA/CSS SDDM 9-12
- PCI DSS 3.2 (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)