The single, black PSI Audio A21-M is a high-powered, near to mid field monitor designed to be tonally balanced with high-resolution detail and efficient transient response for accuracy in surround setups and stereo monitoring applications. The bi-amplifier delivers 120W to the 6.9" woofer and 50W to the 3.9" tweeter, which combine to provide a frequency response of 38 Hz to 23 kHz at an SPL of 119 dB per pair.
The amplifier output also features the AOI output stages and includes a protection circuit, which can be monitored via the red LED on the front panel. The active crossover with integrated CPR delivers an impulse behavior with accurate stereo imaging. The crossover is also optimized for maximum phase coherence, projecting a wide horizontal and vertical listening area. The electronics are housed in a unit that is mechanically isolated from the speaker cabinet to avoid resonance at high sound-pressure levels.
The rear panel offers a balanced XLR input and features an audio level and roll-off control for optimizing the low frequencies for standalone use—or when using an optional subwoofer. The PSI Audio A21-M ships with a power cord, anti-slippage stickers, and an individual frequency-response diagram.
- High SPL in a compact cabinet
- Flat frequency response
- Optimized directivity by phase coherency
- Class-G, low-temperature amplifier stage
- Compatible with industry-standard mounting systems
- Amplifier unit acoustically uncoupled from speaker cabinet
- Protection circuits with overload indicator
- True balanced input
- Designed for stereo and multi-channel monitoring
- Magnetically shielded for use near video monitors
- Adaptive Output Impedance (AOI) Technology: The AOI is made up of a system that detects the movement of the membrane and the coil, as well as a filtered counter reaction. This is then tuned to achieve the ideal dampening rate for each frequency
- Acoustic Load Guide (ALG) Technology: The ALG is used in all regular 2-way and 3-way PSI Audio speakers. The shape and dimensions of the waveguide used in PSI Audio's custom tweeter is specially designed to optimize directivity, as well as maximize sound-pressure level, and extend bandwidth
- Compensated Phase Response (CPR) Technology: The CPR system is made up of several all-pass filters, each acting in a specific frequency range. Combined, they create a compensated phase response, which provides a constant group delay that is kept to the bare minimum through the entirely analog technology
- Phantom Standby Control (PSC) Technology: The PSC technology enables remote activation and deactivation of the standby mode of your loudspeakers via the signal cable