The Assimilate Z CAM S1 & SCRATCH VR Z Bundle includes the Z CAM S1 6K Professional VR Camera, Z CAM WonderStitch software, and Assimilate SCRATCH VR Z software, which is the standard SCRATCH VR software with integrated Z CAM S1 camera control features. Altogether the bundle provides a comprehensive professional VR post-production workflow with a real-time toolset and data management functionality for dailies, conform, color grading, compositing, ambisonic sound, and finishing.
The Z CAM S1 is a compact professional VR camera designed with four Sony CMOS image sensors to capture high-quality spherical VR video at 6K/30 or 4K/60 fps. A gigabit Ethernet port offers 4K/60 fps equirectangular live streaming using the Windows-based Z CAM WonderLive software. Each of the camera's four fisheye lenses is constructed with 10-layer, professional-grade optics, minimizing distortion and flare. Unlike rig-based VR systems, the S1's four integrated sensors provide coordinated auto-exposure and white balance functions. The built-in Z CAM Sync Hardware ensures synchronized recording, and Z-Log gamma enables image fine-tuning and color grading. The S1's cylindrical body measures just over 9.5" in height when used with its detachable battery unit. When powered via the included AC adapter, the S1 measures under 6". Slim and under 4" in diameter, the camera can be placed 2.6' or closer to subjects.
SCRATCH VR Z, like SCRATCH VR, includes all the features of SCRATCH plus seamless VR color grading, 360 compositing tools (such as stabilizing, titling, and inserting 2D elements into a 360 scene), and stitching and ambisonic audio, altogether providing for a complete end-to-end VR workflow. It's compatible with Mac and Windows systems.
Z CAM S1
- Captures high-quality, spherical VR video at 6K/30 or 4K/60 fps
- 4K equirectangular live streaming
- Four Sony CMOS image sensors
- Coordinated auto-exposure and white balance functions
- Z-Log gamma for image fine-tuning and color grading
- Record up to two continuous hours to SanDisk Extreme Pro SD cards (batteries sold separately)
- 10-layer, high-quality, all-glass fisheye lenses
- Compact cylindrical form measures just over 9.5" in height with battery unit
- 2:1 post-stitching aspect ratio (using the Z CAM WonderStitch software)
SCRATCH VR Z
- Color grading
- Multichannel/ambisonic audio support
- Publish to online 360 VOD platforms (Facebook 360, YouTube360, etc.)
- Publish to all other 360 deliverables
- Z CAM S1 camera controls
- Z CAM S1 live preview
- Integrated Z CAM WonderStitch
- Data management/meta-data management directly from Z CAM S1
- Direct multichannel audio support from Z CAM S1