XILS-LAB LX122 Premium is a rotary speaker plug-in, which emulates the sound and behavior of a classic Leslie speaker, miked in a room. The software meticulously recreates the intrinsic characteristics of the speaker's Drum (woofer and rotating baffle), Horn (rotating tweeter), and tube amplifier. It provides vibrato, tremolo, and chorus effects that can be used on organs, keyboards, guitars, vocals, and more.
LX122 Premium allows you to place the speaker in various studio rooms and simulate the room reflections occurring when the Horn and Drum are rotating. You can record the speaker using two independent microphones that can be positioned to create various degrees of stereo and spatial imaging.
The plug-in comes with five speaker configurations, but it also allows you to build your own cabinet, with or without the Horn or the Drum. You can also change the Horn diameter or modify the internal cabinet reflections to increase the Doppler effect. The speed, acceleration, and deceleration of the Horn and Drum can be tweaked at your convenience, and you are able to select the rotation pattern between clockwise, counter-clockwise, and random.
To add color and space to your recordings, LX122 Premium comes with three reverb types and a Drive parameter that emulates the distortion of an overdriven tube amplifier, for heavy rock sounds.
- Emulates the tube amplifier as well as the rotating Horn and Drum of a Leslie cabinet
- Emulates the various coherent room reflections occurring when the Horn and Drum are rotating
- Authentic Doppler effect creates Vibrato, Tremolo, and Chorus effects for organs, keyboards, guitars, vocals, and more
- True Stereo Dynamic Engine (TSDE) places the cabinet in a room where it is recorded by two microphones
- Speed of the Horn and Drum can be tweaked at your convenience—Slow and Fast mode buttons for Horn/Drum/Both
- MIDI-controllable, to play with the inertia
- Three reverb types—reverb time and frequency response are easily adjusted
- High-pass filter before reverb, to avoid blurry sounds
- Tube amplifier Drive parameter, for heavy rock sounds
- Build your own cabinet with or without the Horn or the Drum
- Five speaker configurations
- Adjust balance between Horn and Drum sound
- Change Horn diameter to increase Doppler effect
- Modify internal cabinet reflections by adding or removing Horn diffuser—go from standard, closed cabinet to open-air rotating speakers
- Adjust spread of Horn high frequencies
- Inertia parameter
- Modify the stretch of the Drum belt to emulate age
- Select Drum and Horn rotation pattern—clockwise, counter-clockwise, random
- Acceleration and deceleration parameters
- Five types of room
- Adjust room size and characteristics to add stereo and spatiality—from No Room to Complex
- Two recording microphones can be moved independently in all the rooms
- The angle of the recording microphones can be changed to add more or less room effects
- Control stereo balance between mics
- 75 factory presets