This Zacuto GH5 Cage with Porta Brace RIG-GH5 Semi-Rigid Camera Cargo Case B&H Kit is a great "grab-and-go" option for filmmakers of all styles. Run-and-gun camera operators will appreciate the ability to simply take the fully assembled camera/cage combo out of the bag and begin shooting. Additional accessories can be kept in the bag's side and internal pockets. See below for more information on the individual items included in this kit.
Zacuto GH5 Cage for GH5 and GH5S
Zacuto touts their GH5 Cage for GH5 and GH5S as a "no-cage" cage, although it provides protection and support for accessories via 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes and otherwise meets the criteria for what people generally refer to as a cage. Lightweight, but maintaining the robust build quality Zacuto is known for, the cage features anodized aluminum construction with a front plate, the accessory mounting holes, and a removable handgrip on the camera left side. The cage is form-fitting and is designed to use your camera's neck strap eyelets, in conjunction with the 1/4"-20 mounting screw, to keep your camera secure.
The design of the cage allows access to all the camera's functions, battery, and SD card compartments, as well as leaving your camera's hot shoe unobstructed. In addition, the design permits you to grasp your camera with your right hand as if the cage were not there, while the included strap keeps your hand snug against the camera. The top plate incorporates numerous 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes, with the cage itself featuring a total of 46. The bottom of the cage is machined into a dovetail compatible with an optional VCT Pro or VCT Pro Dock, but it also features two 1/4"-20 and one 3/8"-16 threaded mounting holes for mounting a tripod plate. An optional top handle and Metabones support expand the functionality of the cage.
- Anodized aluminum construction
- 46 total 1/4"-20 threaded accessory mounting holes
- Built-in Z-Rail for top handle (or other accessory) mounting
- And included HDMI "pincher" attaches directly to your camera
- Access to the battery and SD card compartments, all the camera's knobs and functions, and the camera's hot shoe is maintained
- The wood handgrip incorporates a cold shoe, and mounts to the cage via a Z-Rail
- A Metabones adapter support that attaches directly to the cage and not to rods is available
- A 15mm LWS rod support base is available
- A top handle with cold shoe is available
Porta Brace Rigid-Frame Camera Case for Panasonic GH5
With a sturdy construction and plenty of room for storage, this Rigid-Frame Camera Case from Porta Brace is custom-built to fit the Panasonic GH5 mirrorless camera and its accessories. The 18"-long main compartment can comfortably hold the camera plus six or more lenses, featuring dividers that allow you to organize and customize your space. On the inside of the lid there are two zippered pockets with transparent windows, well suited for storing small items that need to be retrieved in a pinch such as batteries and memory cards. Additional room for accessories can be found on the exterior with a long zip pocket on the front, two zippered side pockets, and a 20"-long slip pocket on the back.
The case is designed to reliably protect your gear from the elements, featuring a 1000D Cordura nylon construction with a waterproof coating, and a cover flap along its main zipper to prevent water from entering the case. It also has a reinforced bottom panel with an anti-slip layer on its exterior to help keep your equipment safe despite the terrain. A suede carrying handle allows for comfortable transportation, and a removable shoulder strap is also included. Additional items that come with this product include a cradle and a cinch for securing your camera in the interior pocket, a 9" stuff sack for accessories, a white balance card with a wrist strap, and two padded lens cups for protection.
- Main storage compartment is 18" long, 10" wide, and 10" tall
- Two zippers on the main pocket are used to open a flap, resulting in a wide opening that provides unencumbered access to your equipment
- Lightweight hollow-core plastic frame construction is surrounded by foam padding to help keep your gear safe from occasional bumps and shocks
- Thread is double-seamed in certain areas for added durability, and ends are burned to prevent loose threads or running on seams
- Zipper facings are reversed to prevent snagging and extend the life of the zippers
- Removable suede shoulder strap has steel clasps that attach to the large nickel-plated rings on the sides of the bag
- Camera cradle and cinch are designed to secure your camera in place inside the case, even during rough travel conditions
- 9" stuff sack has a soft nylon lining, making it well suited for protecting more delicate items